Sunday, December 26, 2021

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 17 - Gingerbread Men

Merry Christmas Friends!

I hope you all enjoyed the day.  I've got yet another idea for you, using the Sketch Challenge 17.  I had some scraps of Cinnamon Cider card stock left, and it made me think of Gingerbread men...so here we are.   I KNOW you've probably gotten all of your holiday cards mailed out by now, but there's no time like the present to get started on next year's cards!  I mean, really....that's the point of this group and the monthly challenges - we're all working on our stash of holiday cards throughout the entire year.  I already mailed this one off, but I just MIGHT have time to crank one more card out next week (still in December!) for the Sketch Challenge 17, before I get started on next month's sketch.


Be sure to check out the BYSH Cardmakers blog post for this month's sketch, and link to the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group.  There is an album in their Facebook group that you can post your own creations in, and get your chance at a prize!

I started out with the background of this card... the yellow-ish print is actually from a pack of paper from Unity Stamp Co, called Holiday Intrigue.  I know yellow isn't Christmassy, but it worked for this card.  I ran the paper through the Big Shot with my Brick & Mortar embossing folder.  Then I took a Chocolate Truffle ink pad and rubbed over top of the raised up bits.  The paper is kind of glossy, so I had to let it dry for a bit.

While that was drying, I stamped a few gingerbread men and hand-cut them.  Add a little bit of white icing to them using a white marker of your choice.  Gel pen, marker, Sharpie...whatever you want.
 
For the circle part of the sketch, I decided on several circles and scallop circles in Cinnamon Cider and Early Espresso cardstock.  Embossed with the Timber folder, and layered together.

Everything is glued flat to the card, except for the Gingerbread Men.  Those are popped up.

Finish off with some Wonderful Gems - the sparkly gold ones.
Here's a look at the sketch provided by Crystal Minkler:
 

Play along with this sketch and post your card to the Facebook Group!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  2020 Advent Calendar set (Unity Stamp Co), Elements of the Holiday (Unity Kit of the Month, Sep 2020)
Ink:  Early Espresso, Chocolate Truffle (Gina K)
Paper: Early Espresso, Cinnamon Cider, Holiday Intrigue paper pack (Unity Stamp Co)
Other:  Brick & Mortar embossing folder, Timber embossing folder, Layering Circles dies, White pen, Wonderful Gems

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #byshcsketchchallenge17 #byshcardmakers #christmascards 

Gift certificates available anytime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment