Thursday, December 30, 2021

One Design, Three Different Cards!

2021 is almost over!  I almost can't believe it, but I'm glad we're to the end of this one.  This is my last video for 2021, and I wanted to bring you an idea that I love - using one card design, and changing up the colors, papers, and stamps to get three different cards.  I love the variety, and re-using a design makes creating easy on the brain.


Just a reminder that as of now, I normally go Live every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.   I am streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook at the same time!  Pretty cool!

If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


First up is the Cinnamon Cider card that I made for a demonstrator card swap.  I used all new products from the upcoming January - June Catalog.  Two new stamp sets, new paper pack, an embossing folder, and NEW Iridescent rhinestones.  I love how this turned out!

The key with this card design (and this applies to all three cards) is that you stamp your main image FIRST, then run it through your embossing machine with the embossing folder.  Stamp FIRST, then emboss.


Paper measurements:
  • Cinnamon Cider: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", folded in half at 4 1/4"
  • Very Vanilla:  4" x 5 1/4" (2 pieces, one to stamp/emboss, one for inside)
  • Garden Green:  ripped 1" x 4" (approximately)
  • Heart & Home designer series papers:  1" x 4" (2 prints)
  • Very Vanilla:  scrap to stamp greeting

On this card, I've stamped the Amazing Silhouettes image first, using Cinnamon Cider ink.  Then emboss with the Hive folder.  Take your ink pad directly to the paper and ink around the edges.  I just tapped lightly, while I turned the paper with my left hand...so I got all around the edges.

Then you'll need (3) strips of paper.  A ripped/crumpled piece of coordinating card stock, and two pieces of designer series paper.  All should be 1" x 4".  The crumpled cardstock doesn't have to be exact.  Glue all of those down.

Then stamp your greeting and pop that up.  Finish off with some Iridescent Rhinestones!

Stamps:  Amazing Silhouettes, Blessings of Home
Ink:  Cinnamon Cider, Garden Green
Paper:  Cinnamon Cider, Garden Green, Very Vanilla, Hearth & Home Designer series paper
Other:  Hive embossing folder, Iridescent Rhinestones

Next up, I wanted to use something from the outgoing July-December Mini Catalog.  I ended up with a black/grey/white card with snowmen!

Same design, and still follow the rule - stamp FIRST, then emboss!


Paper measurements:
  • Basic Gray: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", folded in half at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4" (2 pieces, one to stamp/emboss, one for inside)
  • Basic Black:  ripped 1" x 4" (approximately)
  • Peaceful Place designer series papers:  1" x 4" (2 prints)  SORRY - this is no longer available!  It ran out of stock earlier this week.
  • Basic White:  scrap to stamp and hand-cut greeting
I decided to add some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the swirls of the Parisian Flourish embossing folder.

Snowmen are stamped in Basic Gray, and the greeting is stamped in black.

Stamps: Snowbody Better
Ink:  Basic Gray, Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Basic Gray, Basic Black, Basic White, Peaceful Place designer series papers
Other:  Parisian Flourish embossing folder, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Iridescent Rhinestones

The third card uses the Art Gallery bundle, out of the Annual Catalog.  Colors came directly from the designer series papers - Calypso Coral, Bumblebee, and Night of Navy!


Paper measurements:
  • Night of Navy: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", folded in half at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4" (2 pieces, one to stamp/emboss, one for inside)
  • Calypso Coral:  ripped 1" x 4" (approximately)
  • Sweet Symmetry designer series papers:  1" x 4" (2 prints) 
  • Basic White:  scrap to die cut bit for greeting

I stamped the flower bunches in lightest to darkest color order.  I only did that in case I didn't clean the stamp that great in between...I wouldn't run the risk of getting Night of Navy ink in my Bumblebee ink pad.

This time I used the Timeworn Type embossing folder.  I think it's got a neat vintage-y look.

Stamps:  Art Gallery
Ink:  Bumblebee, Calypso Coral, Night of Navy
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Night of Navy, Basic White, Sweet Symmetry designer series papers
Other:  Floral Gallery dies, Timeworn Type embossing folder, Iridescent Rhinestones


Check out my December Virtual Workshop that is closing in about 24 hours on 12/31/2021~

Next Thursday will be the first Thursday of the month...time for my monthly virtual workshop.  January's Workshop will be a Birthday Card Bash!  All birthday cards to get the year started!


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #blessingsofhome #snowbodybetter #artgallery

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment