Friday, December 17, 2021

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 17 - Pink Ornament

Hello Crafty Friends!

I've got another card for the Sketch Challenge 17/December.   I wanted to use some of the Wonder & Whimsy designer series papers, so I could use more PINK!


Be sure to check out the BYSH Cardmakers blog post for this month's sketch, and link to the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group.  There is an album in their Facebook group that you can post your own creations in, and get your chance at a prize!

For this card, I heat-embossed the ornament with silver embossing powder and then watercolored it in with an aqua painter and inks on a block.  I smash a clear block into my ink pad to make a pallette, and then pick up color with the aqua painter/water brush from there.  Note:  I did NOT use watercolor paper for this.  I may have used Basic White Thick, but it's been so long since I made this - I don't remember.

I watercolored Polished Pink and Soft Succulent.  Hand-cut the ornament and pop it up. 

The 4" x 1' strip of Basic White is embossed with the Parisian Flourish embossing folder.

Greeting is silver embossed as well, and glued down flat.

I did add some iridescent faceted gems that I had left over from a card kit, but I don't see them very well in the picture.  They're there, trust me!

Here's a look at the sketch provided by Crystal Minkler:
 

Play along with this sketch and post your card to the Facebook Group!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Merriest Moments, Holiday Hugs (Unity Kit of the Month, Oct 2016)
Ink:  Polished Pink, Soft Succulent, Versamark
Paper: Polished Pink, Soft Succulent, Basic White, Wonder & Whimsy Designer Series paper
Other:  Parisian Flourish embossing folder, Silver embossing powder, iridescent gems

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!


Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #byshcsketchchallenge17 #byshcardmakers #christmascards 

Gift certificates available anytime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment