Saturday, December 11, 2021

Let's make some JUMBO Christmas Tags!

Can you believe it's only two weeks until Christmas?  I thought it was about time to give some last minute Christmas tag ideas.  I love making Jumbo sized tags - plenty of room to write on the back if you want, but also plenty of room to decorate the front!

I got the bright idea to color some of the Wonderful Snowflakes with Stampin' Blends.  I didn't know if it would turn out or not, but I have to say - BEAUTIFUL!  They are beautiful!  The iridescence of the paper still comes through!  So that might be my favorite one of the bunch.   


Just a reminder that as of now, I normally go Live every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.   NORMALLY.  This week, I was live on Friday.  :)   I am also now streaming to BOTH YouTube and Facebook at the same time!  Pretty cool!

If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


First up is the Snowflakes tag.  I wanted a white-on-white base, so that the snowflake colors would stand out.  When I designed this, I had not made up my mind on snowflake colors...so white works!

I'm so happy with my big, bright idea to color the Wonderful Snowflakes with Stampin' Blends!  It works!!!  For these snowflakes, I used:  Fresh Freesia Dark, Highland Heather Dark, and Coastal Cabana Dark.  In the video you'll see that I also did some in pinks.  I love them all!

I hope you can see that I embossed a layer of Basic White with the Parisian Flourish embossing folder, and then added just a bit of glitter to the areas that aren't covered by snowflakes.


 
Paper measurements:
  • Basic White: 3 1/4" x 6 1/4"
  • Basic White: 3" x 6"
  • Basic White: scrap to stamp and punch greeting

Glue everything down.  Trim off the parts of the snowflakes that are hanging off the sides.  Stamp and pop up the greeting, and add ribbons.

I love using more than one ribbon, especially on tags.  I've got Fresh Freesia and Glittered White Organdy on this one.  

Finish off with some Basic Rhinestone Jewels.

Stamps:  Little Delight
Ink:  Fresh Freesia
Paper:  Basic White
Other:  Parisian Flourish embossing folder, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Basic Rhinestone Jewels, Wonderful Snowflakes, Stampin' Blends markers (Fresh Freesia, Highland Heather, Coastal Cabana).

Next up is a Santa-like tag.  We all get the idea - beard, red suit, and belt...it's Santa!  I still went with tone-on-tone layered tag, this time in Real Red.  Embossed the layer with the Tasteful Textiles folder, and added half of a scalloped circle die cut for his beard.  Add plenty of glitter to his beard!

The biggest point that I wanted to make with this tag is about using letters.  You can spell out a person's name, or any word - MERRY, SANTA, BAXTER, MOM, GRANDPA...whatever you want!  I went with HO HO HO, because.....Santa!

I used the Foam Adhesive Sheets, attached to a strip of the Silver Foil paper first and die-cut letters from the Playful Alphabet dies.


Paper measurements:
  • Real Red:  3 1/4" x 6 1/4"
  • Real Red:  3" x 6"
  • Basic White:  4" x 4"
  • Silver Foil: 1" x 8"
  • Black Glimmer paper: 3" x 1"

And again, use a few different ribbons.  On this one, I went with the Real Red Mini Ruffled, Black Glittered Organdy, and Basic Black Baker's Twine.

Stamps: None
Ink:  None
Paper:  Real Red, Basic White, Black Glimmer, Silver Foils
Other:  Tasteful Textiles embossing folder, Real Red 3/8" Mini Ruffled ribbon, Black 3/8" Glittered Organdy, Basic Black Baker's Twine, Playful Alphabet dies, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Foam Adhesive Sheets

My third tag is a Gift Card tag...there's a pocket on the back, made out of vellum to hold a gift card.  I had some Polished Pink poinsettias left over from another project, so they found their way on to this tag.  Very straight forward for this tag.  The Polished Pink base has a layer of designer series paper.

Emboss the greeting in silver, and pop everything up.  Add some Polished Pink 3/8" Open Weave ribbon and some retired Snowflake Splendor 1/4" Grosgrain.

Finish off with some Opal Rounds.


Paper measurements:
  • Polished Pink:  3 1/4" x 6 1/4"
  • Wonder & Whimsy Designer Series paper:  3" x 6"
  • Basic White:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", stamp/die cut label and poinsettias from Tasteful Labels and Merriest of Moments dies
  • Vellum:  3" x 4"
Here's a picture of the back - showing the pocket that I made with a piece of vellum.  I was led to believe that the Art Glitter Glue that I'm using would not show through the vellum...LIES!  :)  Seriously, it's been sitting almost 24 hours now, so it's got to be dry, so the answer can't be, "It's not dry yet."  Oh well!


Stamps:  Merriest of Moments bundle
Ink:  Polished Pink, Versamark
Paper:  Polished Pink, Basic White, Wonder & Whimsy Designer series paper, vellum
Other:  Tasteful Labels dies, Polished Pink 3/8" Open Weave ribbon, Snowflake Splendor 1/4" Grosgrain.Opal Rounds, 

I hope you are inspired to make some Jumbo tags for your own gifts this year!  

Don't forget that I've got my Gingerbread & Peppermint December Online Camp that is still open until tomorrow night (Sunday, Dec 12th at 9:00pm ET).

Check out my December Virtual Workshop too!


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #jumbochristmastags #wonderfulsnowflakes

Gift certificates available anytime!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment