Friday, December 3, 2021

December 2021 Virtual Workshop - Strong of Heart

Happy Friday Friends!

I demonstrated my December 2021 Virtual Workshop last night on Facebook, and have just uploaded it to YouTube.  This month I'm featuring the Strong of Heart stamp set.   It's a Give Back set - meaning for every stamp set sold, Stampin' Up donates $3 to heart health programs.   Pretty cool!  The stamp set is $20, and I've tried to show that it's not JUST for Valentine's.  

 Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details and this month's free gift from me!

Just a reminder that I am Live on-line every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  12/3/2021 update: I just signed up for StreamYard TODAY, so starting next week I should be able to stream my Live videos to BOTH YouTube and Facebook simultaneously!  YAY!!!! 


If you are not able to catch me live, you can watch over on YouTube.  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


Before I get into the projects, I want to make it clear that you can use just about ANY HEART set that you may have in your stash.  Anything similar.  OR...you may not want to use hearts at all - that's up to you.  

Let's start with the first project.  I saw this idea on Pinterest, and thought it was neat - using the sketchy heart stamp with the Joseph's Coat Technique.  Here's a basic technique tutorial on splitcoaststampers, but my version is a little different.  

I laid my initial color down on Shimmery White cardstock using Stampin' Blends.  Emboss the heart images with clear embossing powder, then I dragged/smashed my Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad all over the whole thing.  Buff the excess ink off with a paper towel and be AMAZED the results!


Paper measurements:
  • Basic Black: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored in half at 4 1/4".
  • Flirty Flamingo: 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4" (for inside of card)
  • Shimmery White: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" (for Joseph's Coat technique)
  • Flirty Flamingo: scrap to stamp/cut greeting

The greeting is glued down flat, and then I glued on a few of the From My Heart Faceted Gems.  They come in White, Flirty Flamingo, and Real Red...I used one of each. 

Stamps:  Strong of Heart
Ink:  Versamark, Tuxedo Black Memento, Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper:  Basic Black, Flirty Flamingo, Basic White, Shimmery White
Other:  Clear embossing powder, From My Heart Faceted Gems, Stampin' Blends (Real Red and Flirty Flamingo)

Next, I demonstrated how to make a SHAKER card!  These are so fun, and not nearly as hard as you may think.  I use an extra piece of paper to build my shaker part first, and then attach that whole bit to my card front.  

I also used a new embossing folder/die set from the upcoming January-June Catalog - Bouquet of Love.  It's very pretty, and I see a lot of possibilities with it.

I like white-on-white, or vanilla-on-vanilla, cards a lot.  Actually, I like tone-on-tone for most everything!  I was going for an anniversary or wedding card, even with the "Valentine-y" colors of the gems.  One thing to note - I would double my foam tape layers next time.  These gems are very tall, and I feel like some of the larger ones are stuck in there....they don't shake freely enough for my liking.  :)  Live and learn from my mistakes!


Paper measurements:
  • Basic White Thick: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored in half at 4 1/4".
  • Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4" (2 pieces)
  • Basic White: scrap for greeting
  • Acetate/Transparency Sheet/Window Sheet:  3" x 3 1/2"
The greeting is embossed in Silver, and that label die come from the Bouquet of Love bundle as well.

Stamps:  Strong of Heart, Inspired Thoughts
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Basic White
Other:  Bouquet of Love bundle (dies and embossing folder, from upcoming mini catalog), Acetate/Window Sheets, Silver embossing powder, From My Heart Faceted Gems

For my third project, I went in a completely different direction - NO red or pink!  I wanted to play up the flower aspect of these stamp set, so I stamped the image, colored in with some Stampin' Blends, and hand-cut it.

Add a bunch of layers, a vellum doily, and another new embossing folder (Gingham), and voila!


Paper measurements:
  • Soft Seafoam: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored in half at 4 1/4".
  • Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4" (for inside of card)
  • Soft Seafoam: 4" x 5 1/4" (embossed with Gingham folder)
  • Hand-Penned designer series paper: 2" x 4"
  • Basic White: 3 1/8" x 3 1/8"
  • Soft Seafoam: 3" x 3"
  • Basic White: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", notched corner to stamp/cut heart
  • Soft Seafoam: scrap to stamp greeting

I also added some Wink of Stella to the purple flowers for more shimmer!  Finished off by adding just a few of the White gems from your pack.

Stamps:  Strong of Heart
Ink:  Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper:  Soft Seafoam, Basic White, Hand-Penned designer series papers
Other:  Vellum doily,  Gingham embossing folder (New from upcoming mini catalog), Stampin' Blends (Highland Heather, Soft Seafoam), Clear Wink of Stella marker, From My Heart Faceted Gems

Lastly, I demonstrated how to use one of the Clear Acetate Boxes (3 1/8" x 3 1/8" size) to make a little treat holder, WITH a matching mini card and envelope inside!  I've also showed how to color that Black & White Gingham ribbon with a Stampin' Blend marker.  All of the materials for this project are black/grey/white, so you will be able to customize the colors depending on the markers in YOUR stash.  I went with Magenta Madness because I wanted a bright pink...and here I was trying to avoid Valentine-y colors.  FAIL.


Here's a look at the back, so you can see more of the ribbon, and the treats that I put inside.  You can fit a bunch of different things in these little acetate square boxes - chocolates, fancy teas, coffee drink packets, more of the 3" x 3" cards/envelopes.  The only thing that does NOT fit is a traditional gift card...it's too tall.  :(


I didn't add much of anything to the "steps" on this one, but you could certainly add some trees or something.  

Paper measurements:
  • Basic Gray: 3" x 6", folded in half for mini card
  • Basic Gray: 3" x 3"
  • Basic Black: 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" (2 pieces)
  • Basic White: 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" (2 pieces)
  • Basic White: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", notched corner to stamp/cute heart out for front of card.

These little boxes are so fun to doll up!

Stamps:  Strong of Heart
Ink:  Just Jade, Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper:  Basic Gray, Basic Black, Basic White
Other:  Stampin' Blends (Magenta Madness, Soft Seafoam), Black & White Gingham ribbon, 3 1/8" x 3 1/8" Acetate Card Boxes


I hope that I've given you a few good ideas to put this Strong of Heart stamp set to good use - it's for a good cause!

Click on my Workshop of the Month page for full details of this month's offer!


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #stampinup #strongofheart #decemberworkshop

Gift certificates available anytime!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment