Saturday, October 2, 2021

World Card Making Day 2021 - Part 3 of 3 - Large Box for Cards

Well, today has been a fiaso!  Everything went fine for my 11:00am video, but then Facebook got me.  No Live button on my phone after that.  I need to figure out how to go live on Youtube directly...Meanwhile I bring you my final project for the day!

For my last project, I am showing you how to make a LARGE box to hold LARGE cards.  This box measures 8" across x 6" tall.  So it's 8" x 8" x 6" finished size.  I designed this specifically to hold 5" x 7" cards, with some wiggle room. 



Watch it now on YouTube!  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.



You'll need to watch the video for cutting/scoring and how to assemble the box pieces.

I'm using a separate piece of cardstock for each side of the box.  You'll be gluing all (4) pieces together at the end to actually form the box.

You need (4) pieces of 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock to make the box bottom.  For each piece:
  • Trim 1/16" off of the short side, so your cardstock measures 8 7/16" x 11".
  • Score at 1/2" on the short side.
  • Turn your paper to the RIGHT, and score at 6".
For your LID, you'll need:
  • (1) piece cardstock in whatever color want, 12" x 12".  Score each side at 2".
  • (1) piece coordinating cardstock, 7 1/4" x 7 1/4"
  • (1) piece designer series paper, 7" x 7"
I'm holding up a 5" x 7" envelope in front of the box, so you can see how easily these larger envelopes are going to fit inside.


I did not do any stamping on this box.  Colors are Fresh Freesia and White.  I also used the Playful Pengins designer series paper (Sale-a-Bration item...so I hope you got it while it was available!).

I am exhausted, and need a nap.  I still enjoyed sharing all of these ideas with you today, and I hope you got something useful out of it.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram *NEWish*:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #tonistampsandmore #wcmd2021 #worldcardmakingday2021 

Gift certificates available anytime!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment