Sunday, October 3, 2021

Craft Roulette Challenge #81 - Evening Mountain Scene

This is my ninth creation for the Craft Roulette Challenge, and I have to tell you - I struggled with this week's challenge!  I made THREE cards before I got one that met all the parameters.  For some reason, I just kept forgetting about stars and wide margins....

What is Craft Roulette? - it's a weekly improv crafting show on YouTube now, every Friday evening.  Mary Gunn runs it, so find her, check it out, and jump in if you can participate!

I created this card for Episode #81.   I will post my other two failures separately.


This week's parameters were:
  • Project:  Cut out card.  (Punched out the stars)
  • Colors:  Orange + 2  (MY FAVORITE!!!  #teamorange)
  • Element: Stars (punched out, plus added some epoxy shapes).
  • Random: Wide margin(s)

Like I said earlier, this was my third attempt.  I kept forgetting stars and wide margins.  I finally realized that I had a star border punch, so I could kill two birds with one stone - cut out card (cutting the stars out) and STARS.  Duh.  

Colors - easy enough.  Pumpkin Pie (orange), Cajun Craze (okay...darker orange), and Crushed Curry (yellow).  Ink blending to the rescue for a sunset scene.  Stamp the mountains and trees in black.  Add some die-cut trees, and stamp the greeting. 

Wide margins - I had everything going fine until the end, when I realized I once again forgot wide margins.  I was so frustrated by this time, that I decided to make my card base extra big to make up for it.  Finished card size is 5 1/2" x 6 3/4".  I added a 1 1/4" border all around.  

I went back to the punched out stars, and colored them in with Clear Wink of Stella so they shimmer.  Finished it with some star epoxy shapes.

Even though this week was a struggle for me, I still love the Craft Roulette Challenge concept.  Sometimes it really IS a challenge!

Paper measurements:
  • Cajun Craze:  6 3/4" x 11".  Scored at 5 1/2".
  • Basic Black: 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Very Vanilla: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" 
  • Basic Black:  scraps to die-cut trees
  • Very Vanilla:  5 1/4" x 6 1/2" for inside of card.

Check out Mary's Craft Roulette Group on Facebook and consider joining - Craft Roulette Show | Facebook

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Mountain Air, Inspired Thoughts
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Tuxedo Black (Memento), Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper: Cajun Craze, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Other:  Mountain dies, Stars epoxy shapes, Clear Wink of Stella brush pen.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
*NEWish* Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps

Gift certificates available anytime!

#craftroulettechallenge #craftroulette #craftroulettelive

No comments:

Post a Comment