Sunday, October 3, 2021

Craft Roulette #81 Failure Number One - Scattered Leaves Cut out

This was my FIRST failure for the Craft Roulette #81 Challenge.  I posted my final piece over here, so go check that out.  

This week's parameters were:
  • Project:  Cut out card.  (Punched out the stars)
  • Colors:  Orange + 2  (MY FAVORITE!!!  #teamorange)
  • Element: Stars (punched out, plus added some epoxy shapes).
  • Random: Wide margin(s)
Going with the "cut out card" project, I first thought of this stamp from Unity.  I would stamp it out twice, then hand-cut the leaves out with my exacto knife.  So...I did that.  Ink blended on the Very Vanilla layer, which would peek through all the leaves that I cut out from the top Crushed Curry layer.  Glued the cut out layer to the leaves panel, and then mounted onto Basic Black.


Got everything assembled, and LOVE the card...  I gold-embossed the greeting, and glued some ribbon under the greeting strip.  Added some Champagne rhinestones to finish it.


THEN I looked at the parameters again.  DOH!   Missing stars and wide margins.  Crikes....back to the drawing board.

Paper measurements:
  • Cajun Craze:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  Scored at 4 1/4".
  • Basic Black: 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Crushed Curry & Very Vanilla: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" 
  • Basic Black:  strip to emboss greeting.
  • Very Vanilla:  4" x 5 1/4" for inside of card.

I've got one more failure to post...I will do that later this week.

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Scattered Leaves and Gotta Love Sentiments (both from Unity Stamp Co)
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Versamark, Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper: Cajun Craze, Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla
Other:  Champagne Rhinestones, Gilded embossing powder (Brutus Monroe), Black scalloped ribbon.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
*NEWish* Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment