Friday, October 1, 2021

Second Sale-a-Bration 2021 Finale!

Happy Friday Crafty friends!  I hope you enjoy these last few projects using some of the products that you could have earned for free during Sale-a-Bration.  I aired this video Live on Facebook on the 30th...which was the last day of Sale-a-Bration, so hopefully you got the items you wanted! 

Just a reminder that I go Live on my Facebook Page every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.

***I am going Live on Facebook this weekend for World Card Making Day!  Join me on  Facebook, or watch on YouTube later!


Here are my projects from this week's Live video.  Remember - I was showcasing Sale-a-Bration products that you could select with your qualifying purchases.


If you were not able to catch me live, you can still watch it on YouTube!  If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.



I started off with the Counting Sheep Mini Slimline card.  This Mini Slimline is 3" x 6" finished size.  I really just added a few layers, and some die-cut sheep.  I ink blended some Sahara Sand ink on the sheep, and then covered their "fur" in glitter".  SO SPARKLY!  

You will recognize this card layout as the month goes on - it's the card sketch for the Build Your Holiday Stash Cardmakers challenge for October.  I'll be posting links and more info about that challenge separately.

The only thing I popped up were the sheep, and then I finished with some Red Rhinestones.

The greeting was something I typed up in Word and printed out on cardstock.  I used a laser printer, so I won't have to worry about the words smearing later.  


Paper measurements:
  • Real Red:  6" x 6", scored in half at 3"
  • Peaceful Prints: 2 7/8" x 5 7/8"
  • Sahara Sand: 1 1/4" x 6"
  • Real Red: 1 1/2" x 6"
  • Basic White;  1/2" x 3" (for greeting); scraps to stamp/die cut sheep.

Look at all that GLITTER!   hahahahaha!


Stamps/dies: Counting Sheep & dies
Ink: Midnight (Catherine Pooler), Real Red, Sahara Sand
Paper:  Real Red, Sahara Sand, Basic White, Peaceful Prints designer series papers
Other:  Macrame embossing folder, Pick a Banner Punch, Red Rhinestones, Dazzling Diamonds glitter

Now let's move on to my usual card size of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  For this card, I was trying to show a couple of different things with this set - 
  1.  How to make an envelope, a card, AND the cut-apart images for the card out of one piece of 12" x 12" designer series paper.
  2.  How to make a cute card/envelope set even if you don't have a coordinating stamp set.
I started off by cutting the Penguin Playmates designer series paper down to 8" x 8", for the envelope.  That leaves (2) 4" wide strips to use to make the actual card layer, AND cut some of the cute animal images from.

I made the igloo by using the largest plain circle from the Layering Circles dies to cut a piece of White - then emboss that with the Brick & Mortar embossing folder.  Ink blend a little Pool Party around the edges and some of the bricks and finish with some glitter.  Use a 1" circle punch to punch out the door.

For the snow banks, I wavy-cut some Basic White and ink blended the edges with Pool Party.  Then I added Dazzling Diamonds glitter along the entire wavy edge.

Hand-cut the animals and pop them up.  Voila!  With all that glitter, I didn't feel the need to add any more gems or ribbons.


Paper measurements:
  • Misty Moonlight:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored in half at 4 1/4".
  • Fresh Freesia:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Penguin Playmates designer series paper:  3 7/8" x 5 1/8", plus scraps to cut out animals
  • Basic White:  4" x 5 1/4" (for inside of card)
  • Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4" to wavy cut snow hills.
  • Basic White: 3 1/4" x 3 1/4", die cut with largest Layering Circles die

Stamps: Snowbody Better
Ink: Pool Party, Misty Moonlight
Paper:  Misty Moonlight, Fresh Freesia, Basic White, Playful Penguins designer series paper
Other:  Layering Circles dies, Brick & Mortar embossing folder, 1" circle punch, Dazzling Diamonds glitter.

I finished up my projects with this fancy-looking, but simply elegant, gold and vanilla card.  I embossed GOLD on the Gold Shimmer Vellum paper...it is SO BEAUTIFUL.  I encourage you to try it on your own - it's stunning to look at.


I love the Vanilla on Vanilla layers, and then just a rectangle of the Simply Elegant Designer series paper.  All that gold...!

Like I said, gold emboss the flower bunch on Gold Shimmer Vellum and then cut with the dies.  I also cut the same flower bunch shape out of Very Vanilla, and mounted the gold-embossed die cut on top of this.  It just makes the gold shimmer and embossing show up bettter.

The greeting is also gold-embossed, and the edges ripped.  Then I added two different ribbons to the bottom of the greeting, stacked on top of each other.  I went with Gold Shimmer ribbon and  Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim.  Get a better look here -  then I finished the card with some Gilded Gems.


Paper measurements:
  • Very Vanilla Thick:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored in half at 4 1/4".
  • Very Vanilla Thick:  4" x 5 1/4"
  • Simply Elegant Designer series paper:  3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
  • Very Vanilla: scrap for greeting, and to die-cut flower bunch
  • Gold Shimmer Vellum: 2 1/2" x 3"

Stamps:  Shaded Summer
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Very Vanilla (thick and regular), Gold Shimmer Vellum, Simply Elegant designer series paper
Other:  Summer Shadows dies, Gold Shimmer ribbon, Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim, Gold embossing powder, Gilded Gems

I really hope you enjoyed these projects, and hope you can stop by and see me on World Card Making Day!  Again - I'm going live at 11:00am, 2:00pm, and then 5:00pm - all Eastern Time!
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram *NEWish*:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #tonistampsandmore

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment