Saturday, October 16, 2021

It's a Cute Halloween Fip Book

Happy Saturday Crafty Friends!  This past Thursday, for my weekly video, I made this Cute Halloween Flip Book.  Finished size is 4" x 6".  I call it "Cute Halloween" because that's the name of the papers that I used - AND it's CUTE!

I got the idea for this flip book from Polly's Paper Studio.  I absolutely love her projects, and thought this would be a fun one for Halloween.  My measurements and final project ended up a little different than hers...not necessarily intentional, but that's how it goes sometimes.  Roll with it!

Just a reminder that as of now, I go Live every Thursday at 8:00pm ET.  It's just a matter of where I will be - ideally on my Facebook Page, but maybe on my YouTube channel.  

If the picture does not appear below, you can click HERE to get to it on YouTube.


Here's the cover for the Cute Halloween Flip Book.  Finished size is 4" x 6", and it's pretty thick.  I'm going to give a few pictures of the inside pages on this blog post, but not all of them.  You really need to watch the video to see how to fold and assemble the base of the book anyway. 

Back to the cover.  My base album, added pages and flips are all in Pumpkin Pie.  I wanted that to be consistent.  All of the designer series papers are from the Cute Halloween pack.  I've added a layer of Highland Heather, cut with the Stitched So Sweetly dies for the focal point.  

Cut a piece of Whisper White and stamp a bunch of different Halloween words in different colors.  I used colors directly from the paper pack: Pumpkin Pie, Highland Heather, Flirty Flamingo, and black.

Then you can see I added a bunch of die cuts.  The biggest tree is from the Beautiful Trees dies, then the fence is from the Frightful Tags dies.  Teeny tiny little tombstone is hand-cut from a scrap of the Cute Halloween designer series paper.  Finished off the cover with some Black Matte dots.  After I took this picture, I went back and added some Cute Stars embellishments.


Paper measurements:
  • Pumpkin Pie: 12" x 12".  Score one side at 4", and 8".  Turn to the right once, and score at 6".  You'll need to watch the video to see how to cut, fold, and assemble the book. This is the base of the book.  
  • Pumpkin Pie:  (2) 6" x 8 1/4".  Score the long side at 4", and 4 1/4".  (This is a pretty big spine for these pieces...Polly made hers 6" x 8 1/8", with scoring at 4", and 4 1/8".  You may like that more.  With the thicker spine, I can add some more dimensional things to this pages.)
  • Pumpkin Pie:  (3) 3 1/2" x 4 1/4".  Score the short side at 3 1/4".  These are you tip-ins, or flips.
  • Very Vanilla: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", notched corner for stamping greeting and all the greenery
  • Cute Halloween Designer Series Paper:  (12) pieces 3 7/8" x 5 7/8" (You might need more for the last 2 or 3 panels, if you don't want to make pockets/belly band like I did.)
  • Random die cuts that I had, and hand-cut bits from the designer series papers.

Now let's look at some more of the inside pages -  Notice on this one, I added that little postage stamp piece to the top right corner.  I only glued the top and right sides of that postage stamp, so that I can slide a picture up underneath it.

This shows one of the first tip-ins.  


Here it is flipped out - the idea is you can journal on the back, or add more pictures.  Choice is yours.


One more picture.  When I got to the final pages, I went off track from the original idea.  I cut off one of the flaps and made this corner pocket.  Also cut a little strip of the Cute Halloween papers to make a belly band, to tuck some things in.  (Thanks again Peggy for the live feedback on what to do with this page!)


I will definitely make another one of these flip books.  This would make a great holiday album, or even for a birthday or special occasion!

Stamps:  Banner Year, Little Delights
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Highland Heather, Tuxedo Black Memento, 
Paper:  Evening Evergreen, Basic White Thick, Painted Christmas Designer series paper
Other:  Beautiful Trees dies, Frightful Tags dies, Stitched So Sweetly dies, Black Matte does, Cute Halloween Stars, Postage Stamp punch, Wink of Stella pen.

Don't forget about my October Workshop, for your opportunity to get some free Gold Holly Leaves.   Check out my Workshop of the Month page for all the details! 

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment