Saturday, October 16, 2021

Christina Digi (digital file) watercolored projects

Hi there Crafty Friends!  It's been a while since I worked with some Digis - digital images, so I thought I'd share these today.  Ann Corbiere Scott Designs came out with this new image sheet called Christina, and I had to have it.  It's all about pumpkins, and I love it!  

She has a LOT of great images, all created and hand-drawn by her.  I like her digis, because you get a PDF file.  Each sheet has a slim line image, and A-2 size image, an image to hand-cut, and then some greetings.  There's no picking and choosing - you print the whole sheet off and get started coloring and cutting.  I printed Christina on watercolor paper, using my laser printer.

Don't forget that with digis - the printer/ink that you'll need to use is dependent on what you'll be coloring your images in with.  I knew I wanted to watercolor, so I used my laser printer....that way the printed images will not smear when I watercolor it.  If I had wanted to color in these beauties with alcohol markers (Stampin' Blends, or Copics), I would have printed this on my deskjet printer.  


Here are all the images after I watercolored and cut them down/out.  I watercolored with my ink pads and a clear block to make my palette.  Smash the clear block in your ink pad, then use an Aqua painter/water brush to pick up the ink. 

I used the wet-on-wet method of coloring these images.  That means I took a clean water brush and painted over what I wanted to color first.  Then I came back in with some color that I picked up from my clear block.  The colors move around more with wet-on-wet.  I work in small areas, and you do need to let the pieces dry before you add more colors.  Otherwise, the colors will run together.


I started coloring the centers of some of my pumpkins with Daffodil Delight.  Let that dry, and then I went back with Pumpkin Pie.  Let that dry, and then I hit the edges some more with the Pumpkin Pie to make them darker.   Let that dry, and then I colored the stems with Soft Suede.  Let that dry, and then colored in the background with Old Olive.  

You can speed up the drying time with a small dryer tool, or let it air dry overnight.  I did some of both.

At first, I finished my A-2 and slim line cards and was not sure what to do with the lone pumpkin.  Plus, I needed to mail of the slimline card off for a card exchange.  Hope she likes it!  Both cards have Old Olive bases, with a layer of Basic Black.

You can't see from any picture that I took, but I used the Clear Wink of Stella pen to trace over all of the letters on the slimline card.  All of them.  Twice.


After about a week, I finally figured out what I wanted to do with the single pumpkin.  A tag!  But not your ordinary size tag - a tag that you could actually add a picture or some journaling to the back and use it in an album.

Finished size of this tag is 4" x 4".  I cut a smaller layer of Crumb Cake and embossed with the Timeworn Type embossing folder.  Glued that on, and added my jumbo eyelet and some trims.


The embossed greeting isn't showing very well, but it's gold and sparkly.  I added a little bit of Be Dazzling paper behind the greetings, and some Sprig punches in Old Olive.  Finished off with some orange and green dots that I had.  

Pumpkin and greeting bits are all popped up with foam tape.  And I ran the Wink of Stella Clear pen all over the pumpkin...it's beautiful!

I really enjoyed creating these cards and this tag.  I've never made a tag this size before.  I like it!

Stamps:  Unity Sep 2021/Looking Forward (greeting on tag)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Versamark
Paper:  watercolor paper, Old Olive, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Be Dazzling
Other:  Christina digital image (Ann Corbiere Scott Designs), Aqua painter/Water brush, Gilded embossing powder (Brutus Monroe), Sprig punch, Pewter Jumbo eyelet, 3/8" Embroidered ribbon, Cajun Craze Baker's Twine, Linen Thread, Orange glittery and green dots, Clear Wink of Stella pen.

Find Anne Corbiere Scott Designs, and check out all of the images that she's got to offer.  You'll find something that you love!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #anncorbierescottdesigns #digis

Gift certificates available anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment