Friday, October 22, 2021

{BYSHC} Blog Hop - Falling for the Holidays 2021

It's here!  The Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers "Falling for the Holidays" Blog Hop!  Welcome to my blog post.  I'm so excited for this blog hop and all of the amazing ideas that we're sure to get from each other, as well as the PRIZES!

One of the prize donors is Angie Blom.  I went over to her digital store and picked up this Santa digi, just for the blog hop.  I like that I can print just one santa, or a sheet full.  I did the full sheet here, and got (4) Santa panels to color.


I printed Santa on Basic White Thick cardstock with my DeskJet printer.  I knew that I was going to color him in with my Stampin' Blends markers.  I still got a little bit of smearing, which surprised me.

I tried to give him some pink on his cheeks, and a little bit of blue on his glasses.  

I thought Santa should have a little silver in his hair and moustache, just to set it off from his beard and the hat - so I used a 2-way glue pen to draw where I wanted the silver embossing powder to go.  I didn't want to cover his moustache entirely - just enough to make it stand out.

The fun part came with the GLITTER.  Oh my!!!  SO much glitter!  I used Shimmery Crystal Effects to hold the glitter on.  When I put the Shimmery Crystal Effects on his had, I smeared it flat-ish with my finger, and then dumped glitter on.  For his beard, I added the Shimmery Crystal Effects in swirls.  Lots of swirls, covering his entire beard, and then added the glitter.  LOTS of glitter!  



I hope you enjoy my Santa card, and are ready for some more great ideas for the rest of the hoppers!  Enter your own card for a chance at the prizes!





Supplies you'll need to create my card above (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Gotta Love Sentiments (Unity Stamp Co),  Hey Santa (Digital stamp image, Angie Blom Digital Designs)
Ink:  Versamark
Paper: Poppy Parade, Basic Black, Basic White Thick
Other: Stampin' Blends (Poppy Parade, Real Red, Flirty Flamingo, Nude, Ivory, Balmy Blue), Shimmery Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Sterling Sparkle embossing powder (Brutus Monroe)

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #fallingfortheholidays2021byshchop

Gift certificates available anytime! 

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely Beautiful! Love, Love, Love!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your sweet glittery Santa card, Toni!! I think he may need a tad more glitter... heehee! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Santa! Love that pretty sparkle too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats an amazing Santa! Awesome coloring. And I love the texture and sparkle you created. Just a wonderful card. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete