Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Make an envelope with a NAPKIN!

If you're a fan of making CARDS with napkins, why not try an envelope???  I made a video last month, showing how to make a slimline card with some Halloween napkins.  Check it out here!  Well, it's time to mail out those cards, and I didn't have any Vanilla slimline size envelopes...so I immediately thought, I'll make my own.

THEN I thought - hey...I have some of those Halloween napkins left.  I wonder if they are big enough to make a slimline envelope.  They are!  I needed an 8 1/2" x 11" piece to make this envelope, and the napkin was big enough.

With the same method that I use to make my napkin cards, I use Adhesive Sheets.  I have a whole pack that are 12" x 12", so I cut one down to 8 1/2" x 11", and secured it to a piece of plain copy paper that I snagged out of my printer.


Peel off the second layer of paper and stick the entire sheet down on to the back of my napkin.  I went carefully, but still got a few wrinkles.  It's not the end of the world!

Notice that I laid it down at an angle.  I knew it would be too much for me to try to keep the paper perfectly straight, so I decided to take that out of the equation and make it angled.  


Trim the sides and flip it over.   


Ready to score and cut, for the envelope assembly.  I have a template over on my Facebook Group for how to make this size envelope out of paper.  It's not my original idea, but I've shared it and used it a lot.  Please feel free to use it!  The original poster's name is in my PDF.


I used Tombow Liquid Glue to seal up my new envelope.


And it's finished - a slimline card and envelope using the same napkins!



I'm sure you can mail this directly - just put mailing labels on the outside of the envelope.  I'm actually putting it inside of a package that I'm mailing.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

Paper Pumpkin Monthly Craft Kits
Facebook Page:  @tonistampsandmore
Facebook Sharing Group:  Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group
Instagram:  tonistampsandmore
Pinterest:  tonistamps
YouTube Channel:  tonistamps
#tonistamps #napkincards #napkinenvelope

Gift certificates available anytime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment