Sunday, February 14, 2021

Pocket Cards - so fun, and so many ideas!

About a week or two ago, another demonstrator shared a new take on an old idea - the pocket card.  There are many ways to make the pocket card, but Karen changed hers up by adding the "pocket" to the side of the card.  I loved this design, and thought it would be perfect for a group stamping activity.

Here is the first one that I made - I wanted to use my new Hey Chick and Hey Birthday Chick stamps and dies...and I  was in the mood to color.  I used Stampin' Blends to color with, followed by a liberal smearing of the Clear Wink of Stella pen all over the chicken and balloon. You see how the pocket on the left hand corner, and then the card tucks in.

Here's the card itself.  You can see that I embossed that die with the Dainty Diamonds embossing folder. 

Want to make your own pocket card with this style?  I changed the measurements from the original design slightly.  The Designer Series Paper (DSP) that I used is the Flower & Field pack (a $50 purchase freebie with Sale-a-Bration)

Card Base/Basic Black:  4 1/4" x 5 1/2"  (this is just a 1/4 sheet of cardstock)
DSP layer:  4" x 5 1/4"

Tuck in Card base/Just Jade: 3 1/4" x 8 1/2", folded in half on the long side at 4 1/4"
DSP: 3" x 4"
White for inside of card: 3" x 4"

Pocket:
Basic Black: 3 1/2" x 3 1/2", cut in half diagonally.
DSP:  3 1/4" x 3 1/4", cut in half diagonally.

Very simple design, but quite effective and you'll see there are a LOT of possibilities!

I made another card with the chicken bundles.   This time I went with a Black and Bumble Bee color scheme.  I still used the same Flower & Field dsp pack.  I added some chicken wire, cut out with the Chick dies.  Tied some Bumblebee Gingham around the card front layer, and added some Black Matte dots.

You can see more clearly on this picture that I embossed that white layer with one of the Wrapped in Texture embossing folders.  "hey chick" was stamped and hand-cut, then color added with the blending brushes.

Next up, I switched gears and went to the Berry Blessings stamp set for some blueberries.  I used the Oh So Ombre dsp and stamped leaves on them...tone on tone with Granny Apple Green.

Added some Iced Rhinestones (from a few years ago), and some Lemon Lime Twist Ombre ribbon (it's close enough to Granny Apple Green for this card). 

 
Finally, I went back to an old favorite flower and punch bundle - Flower Shop, with the Pansy punch.  I did not use DSP on the card base layer, but embossed it instead it the Coastal Weave folder.  Then I brought in some more scraps of the Flower & Field papers.

Flowers are stamped tone-on-tone in Bumblebee, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, and Granny Apple Green.  The leaves are just green flowers that I cut up and attached with glue dots.  Finished with one of those sweet little ladybug trinkets!
 
 
I did all this stamping with a group yesterday, and had everyone send me pictures of their finished cards.  This is where it really gets interesting!  I made individual collages for everyone's cards to share with you.  I absolutely love the variety of products used!  Everyone did such a wonderful job!


 

 








I really hope you find inspiration from all of these great cards!  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the variety!

 
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!   




No comments:

Post a Comment