Saturday, October 24, 2020

Halloween Cards 2020

Happy Halloween!  Now that I'm hearing that the cards I sent are arriving, I feel like I can share them here.  I didn't want to spoil the surprise for the people I sent them to.  :)
 
I have a lot of fun Halloween stamps, dies, punches, papers - you name it.  They're from a lot of different companies, so I'm going to list the products under each picture.
 
There's still time to get a card or two in the mail!
 
This first batch, I case'd the design from a gal in the Stamp Junkies group - Tenia Nelson.  I LOVE her style!!!  I cut out the letters with my new Playful Alphabet dies, stapled on some ribbon, and I don't know if you can see...but there is a wonky stiched circle die cut.  It just cuts the stitching out...not a circle.  I got those from Gina Marie Designs, and they are neat.  
 
Stamps:   Ghost (Ink Road Stamps/Hedgehog Hollow special set), Circle Patterns (Dina Wakley), "hey" (Paper Pumpkin April 2015 kit). 
Colors:  Mango Melody, Coastal Cabana, Berry Burst, Gorgeous Grape, Basic Grey
Other: Playful Alphabet Dies (Stampin' Up). Wonky Stitched Circle dies (Gina Marie Designs), rhinestones, Black Stickles, Iridescent Pearls, stapler. 
 
Next up, I started with the Entangled spider web background from Unity.  I stamped the greeting in the white space, and embossed it with black powder.  Then I stamped the little girl in the moon, hand-cut it out, and colored with markers.  I think I ran Wink of Stella all over her.  Finished with some purple Nuvo drops and Black Stickles, but you can't really see them in the picture clearly. 

Stamps: Entangled (Unity Stamp Co), Bitty Boos (Unity Stamp Co), Mile on my Broom (Technique Junkies)
Colors:  Gorgeous Grape
Other:  Purple Nuvo Drops, Black Diamonds Stickles, black embossing powder, Clear Wink of Stella pen
 
I went a little more simple on this one.  I used a bunch of different Halloweeeny washi tapes, stamped a greeting, and popped up a pumpkin that was left over from my September Paper Pumpkin kit.  I think those are Black Stickles as well.  

Stamps: Good Greetings (Stampin' Up)
Colors:  Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black
Other:  Halloween washi tapes, Black Diamond Stickles
 
Halloween slim line card anyone???  The ghosty background obviously does not fit on a slim line card, so I really had to try to line them up.  I used a stamping platform, and did the best I could, but it's not perfect - the area where I wrapped the ribbon around covers it up some.  After I die-cut the ghosts and popped them all up, I covered them all with the Clear Wink of Stella pen to make them extra shimmery.  The tag is just embossed white, on black card stock.

Stamps: Boo Convention (Technique Junkies), Too Cute to Spook (Ink Roads/Hedgehog Hollow special set). 
Colors:  Terracotta Tile, Basic Black
Other:  Friendly Ghosts die (Simon Says Stamp), White dots, Note Tag punch, Metallic Mesh ribbon, white embossing powder, Clear wink of Stella marker

Next up, I bought this Sugar Skull set a year or two ago, and have not used it nearly enough.  I'm using up my Magic in this Night designer series papers (which are still on sale during October!).  I also had some sparkly copper embossing powder that looks kind of like rust.  I thought it went well with the Cajun Craze.  I dug out some of my spider web doilies from a couple of years ago - I always hold on to stuff like that...you never know when it will come in handy.

The Sugar Skull set has a die that goes with it, so cutting the head out was easy.  I finished it off with a few Iridescent Pearls.

Stamps: Sugar Skull/die (Simon Says Stamp), #DEAD (Ink Road Stamps)
Colors:  Cajun Craze, Basic Black
Other:   Iridescent Pearls, Spider web doily, copper sparkly embossing powder (unknown maker)

Lastly, I had ONE 12x12 piece of this patterned paper.  I think I got it as a table favor at a crop last year.  I cut it up into 4" x 5 1/4" pieces, so I was able to make 6 of these cards with it.  I love the witch's cauldron, and I used a sponge dauber to add some more of the colors to the potion coming out of it, and around the edges of my circles and oval pieces.  Some Black Stickles finished these off as well.

Stamps: Make Magic Happen (Unity Stamp Co), Happy Halloween - Bitty Boos (Unity Stamp Co).
Colors:  Pretty Peacock, Lemon Lime Twist, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Other:  Layering Circles dies, Oval punch, Black Diamond Stickles
 

I really hope you love these cards!  I really had a great time making them all, and sending some Halloween wishes.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment