Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Embossed Backgrounds

I had the pleasure of hanging out virtually with some friends on Saturday.  We all worked on some embossing together - dry embossing, that is.  We were mostly using the technique where you ink up your embossing folder, then put your card stock in, and run it through.  You get ink/no ink depending on which side of the folder you ink up.  I can never make up my mind, so I ink up BOTH sides of the embossing folder, then I pick my favorite side.
 
We all had different supplies, so I'll share mine first with supply details.  Everyone else's, I'll share who made them.
 
First up, I added Early Espresso ink to the Pinewood Planks embossing folder.  I ran that through the Big Shot with a piece of Crumb Cake card stock.  The embossing is going down - so the raised bits are on the back side.  I thought this looked more like paneling.

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Early Espresso
Paper:  Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake 
Other:  Pinewood Planks embossing folder.  2 1/2" circle punch, Dog Punch, Classic Label punch, Black/Silver Baker's Twine, Neutrals Enamel Dots

Next, I worked with the Evergreen embossing folder, from the current mini catalog.  I inked up both sides with Shaded Spruce ink, and decided to work with this side.  The green bits are pressed down on this side, so I'm guessing this is the back.  I liked it, so it works!  I used Shimmery White.

Stamps:  Curvy Christmas (NEW - available to order on Nov 1st!)
Ink:  Shaded Spruce
Paper:  Shaded Spruce, Whisper White, Shimmery White
Other:  Evergreens embossing folder, Large & Scallop Oval punches, Metallic Mesh ribbon

Next, I went with the Tin Tile folder, and Daffodil Delight ink.  This one may be my favorite!  Again, I had a hard time picking which side to use.  Even though I used Daffodil Delight ink, I paired it with Bumble Bee ribbon and card stock.
Stamps:  Country Home
Ink:  Brown Memento
Paper: Bumble Bee, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Other:  Tin Tile embossing folder, Old World Paper embossing folder, Stampin' Blends markers, Bumble Bee Gingham ribbon, Elegant Faceted Gems

Next up, I've got some cards from Susie M.  I love the tree folder she used with greens and browns.  Lovely!

Kay's creations - I love this brick-looking embossing folder, and her skeleton leaves.  Great fall card!

Kay also made a nice floral background.  I can't remember the name of this folder, but I think it's Springtime something or other.  I like this color!

MaryAnne made a few also.  I love the colors and different folders.  This first one looks kind of coral, and I love that butterfly.




I hope you are inspired to ink up your own embossing folders!  Just run them under the faucet to clean when  you are finished  - and do NOT use permanent ink.  Otherwise, have fun with it!

 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment