Thursday, October 15, 2020

Designer Series Paper Projects

Want to see some ideas using the designer series papers that are on sale now???

Today, I demonstrated a couple of projects using the two different sizes of Designer series Papers, and I also showed a Paper Pumpkin alternative - a fun box to hold even MORE candy and treats!
 
Just a reminder that I go Live on my Facebook Page every Thursday at 11:00am ET. 
 
Top picture is what I made during the video.  Next picture is my samples.



If you didn't catch me live, you can view it here on Facebook, or on YouTube.  If the picture below does not appear, you can click HERE to get to it.
 

 
All project measurements are listed in the Description section of the YouTube video.

For the first project, I took one 12" x 12" sheet from the Magic in this Night pack and made a slim line card, AND an envelope.  Even though I was using "Halloween" papers, I wanted to show that they aren't necessarily ONLY for Halloween.  One side of each piece in this paper pack is black or black-and-white....some even have flowers on them! 


If you want the directions for making the envelope, I got them from another gal on Facebook and made a PDF.  That file is in the Files section of my "Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group" on Facebook.  

I stamped the flowers from Gorgeous Posies, tone-on-tone.  Rich Razzleberry adn Cajun Craze.  Hand-cut the flowers, and pop them up with some dimensionals.  I added some Black Glitter organdy ribbon and Iridescent Pearls to finish them.



Inside of card got some flowers too - 

Stamps:  Gorgeous Posies, Seriously the Best
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Rich Razzleberry, Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper:  Cajun Craze, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black, Whisper White, Magic in this Night dsps.
Other:  Stitched Shapes and Layering Ovals dies, Black 5/8" Glittered Organdy ribbon, Iridescent Pearls.

My second project was a pocket that holds a gift card/tag.  You could also use something like this in a journal or scrapbook.

I used a full 6" x 6" sheet from the Playing with Patterns pack of paper.  The tag is 2" x 5 3/4".  I used the Fancy Tag Topper punch, but any tag topper punch would do!  
 
I wrapped ribbon around the pocket first.  In my sample, I used the Pool Party Sheer ribbon, but I ran out in my video!  I had to improvise, so I colored some Whisper White Classic Weave ribbon with an old Coastal Cabana Stampin' Blends marker.  It looks dark in this picture, but it was still fresh...it will lighten up as it dries completely.

I would just attach the gift card to the tag directly, with a glue dot and slide it into the pocket.  You can write on the top and back of the tag.

Close up of the front of the pocket shows how I stamped a background with "Happy Birthday" going in different directions (right side up, and upside-down).  I used some of the new Adhesive FOAM sheets to cut out these letters/number with the Playful Alphabet dies, so they are raised up.   It works better than I expected!

Stamps:  Well Said, Textured Essentials
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Misty Moonlight
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Misty Moonlight, Whisper White, Playing with Patterns DSP
Other:  Playful Alphabet dies, Stitched So Sweetly dies, Tasteful Labels dies, Pool Party Sheer ribbon, Whisper White Classic Weave ribbon (retired), Rhinestones

Last, I showed how to turn the candy cracker from the September 20202 Paper Pumpkin kit into a larger treat box.  It holds a LOT more candy.  The idea was not my original.  It came from Kimberly Smith.  You basically make a box, then fold the Paper Pumpkin cracker box around it, and add a window sheet for the top.  This creates a sleeve that the box fits in.  You side the box in and out.


All of the decorations for these came from the Paper Pumpkin kit. 

I hope you enjoyed today's projects, and are inspired to make something of your own!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!



No comments:

Post a Comment