Friday, September 4, 2020

September 2020 Workshop - Halloween!

 Happy September Crafty Friends!
 
Yesterday, I gave my September Workshop, which was all about Halloween!  I do try to work a month ahead on holidays, if I can, so that we all have time to make our creations in time to share them with our friends and family.
 
Be sure to check out my Workshop of the Month page for details. 

Just a reminder that I go Live on my Facebook Page every Thursday at 11:00am ET. 

If you didn't catch me live yesterday, you can view it on YouTube.  If the picture below does not appear, you can click HERE to get to it.


 

If you're not into videos, I'll give you a walk-through of the projects here.
 
NOTE:  Surprisingly, my W-mart doesn't have Halloween candy yet, so both of my treat containers have NO treats in them yet.  :( 

First up, I made a treat holder using a 3" x 3" Acetate Box.  I wrapped some Metallic Mesh ribbon around the box, and then added a Misty Moonlight label stamped and cut with the Hallows Night Magic bundle.  Then die-cut some bats and attach with dimensionals and glue dots.  
 
The greeting is stamped on Misty Moonlight, and punched out with a 1 1/4" circle punch.  Layered that onto a 1 1/2" circle, and the larger scallopy circle from the Tasteful Labels dies. 

My thought with this treat box was to do something with minimal stamping, but still cute.  You could also use different bat punches if you have those.

Stamps:  Hallows Night Magic
Colors:  Misty Moonlight, Basic Black
 
Next, I made a tag with Gorgeous Grape and Basic Black.  I love these colors!  To start, I cut the tag using the Ornate Layers dies, then embossed with the Cobwebs embossing folder.  Love that folder!!!  Add a Jumbo eyelet.
Stamp and emboss some bats, and die cut them.  I cut the little bats out of Black Glimmer paper.  Greeting is stamped, embossed in silver, and then hand-cut.  Attach all of that with glue dots and dimensionals, and add some Iridescent Pearls to finish.  Tie on some Metallic Mesh AND Black Glittered Organdy ribbon.

Stamps:  Hallows Night Magic
Colors:  Gorgeous Grape, Basic Black
 
Third project was another treat bag.  I like to use gusset bags, and then create this open-ish "box" to go inside.  It's really just a piece of card stock scored twice, but it keeps the shape and holds all your treats nicely.  The bag is a 3" x 9" Printed Gusset bag.  I think it's a good size for Halloween.  This time I used the Banner Year set, and I colored some Linen Thread with Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Blends.

Stamps:  Banner Year
Colors:  Pumpkin Pie, Granny Apple Green, Old Olive, Smoky Slate, Black
 
Lastly, I made a Halloween card.  This reminds me of an Andy Warhol style.  If you can't decide on colors - use all of them!  Attach your panels, and then stamp all your bats first.  THEN emboss with the Cobwebs folder.  Again, I colored the Linen Thread - this time I showed that you can use a Sharpie.  Mount that panel, add your greeting and some more Iridescent Pearls!
Stamps:  Hallows Night Magic
Colors:  Basic Gray, Gorgeous Grape, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, Basic Black

I hope I've given you some good Halloween ideas to use.  If you have any questions, please send me an email (tonistamps@yahoo.com).


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment