Sunday, September 13, 2020

How to Make a 7" Square Box!

 

You may remember from a month or so ago, I made this big poinsettia - just to test out the leaves in Loyal Leaves and Rooted in Nature.  I gold embossed on Merry Merlot card stock, hand-cut them, and stacked on top of each other to make this poinsettia.  My dilemma was what to do with it...I decided on a box.  
 
And I decided to make it by video, so you can see and hear how I come up with the math for a box like this.

If you didn't catch me live this past Thursday, you can view it on YouTube.  If the picture below does not appear, you can click HERE to get to it.
 

 
The short version of making the box is that you need (4) panels of card stock, cut 7 1/2" x 11".  Score along that short side at 7", turn your paper one turn to the left, and score again at 7".

You will tape all (4) panels together, using those side-flaps.  Then make a lid.  I'm not going to give you measurements for the lid, because your box may end up a slightly different size.  When I measured my box - it was actually 7" x 7 1/16"....so that affects my box lid measurements.  

The sides of my lid are 1 3/4".  I had a variety of 5/8" organdy ribbon, from years past, so I tried both Gold and Olive.  I like this Olive better. 

I hope I've given you some good tips and instructions for how to make your own larger-sized box. 

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!



No comments:

Post a Comment