Saturday, September 12, 2020

Happy Birthday Sis!

 

Yesterday was my sister's birthday (mine too!  We're twins!), so I had a few things for her....had to make this box.  I used Pumpkin Pie for the lid, and Basic Black for the bottom.  I cracked open my Plaid Tidings 6" x 6" dsps to add to the top of the box.  The pinks and oranges look so good together!

The tag was left-over from a Paper Pumpkin kit...from years ago.  I embossed with Versamark ink and Tangerine Tango embossing powder.  That orange shows up nicely against the black.
 
Here's a side view of the box.  If you're wondering how do you get the black peeking out - it's easy.  The sides of the bottom box are taller (1 3/4" in this case), than the sides of the lid (1 1/2" here).  
 
 
 
This is a 4 1/2" x 7" x 1 3/4" box.  Fairly roomy.  So, what's inside???  Some fingernails and fingernail polish remover clips.  I also set the card on top of all this, before I closed it up.


Here's the card - I played with my Distress Inks on Glossy paper, and this fall-ish tree from Unity Stamp Co.  My Distress Ink pads are the little cubes.  I swiped them directly across the Glossy paper, and let dry - it took a long time to dry.
 
 
Embossed the greeting in black on Pumpkin Pie, and cut with the Banners Pick a Punch.

Finished off with some Gold Glitter Enamel dots.
 
Happy birthday again Sis!
 
Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Warmest Regards, Blessed Fall (Unity Stamp Co/Kit of the Month Sep 2018)
Ink:  Midnight (Catherine Pooler), Distress Inks (Tim Holtz...a yellow, orange, and red), Versamark
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Glossy, Plaid Tidings DSP
Other:  5/8" Basic Black Grosgrain, Pumpkin Pie/White Baker's Twine, Gold Glitter Enamel Dots, Tangerine Tango and Black embossing powders.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment