Monday, July 6, 2020

Z-fold Slimline Card



I saw this idea on the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group (I think), just yesterday.  I love taking the slimline cards up a notch!    I mean, they're already totally cool, but making it a Z-fold is mind-blowing.

This card is made from a full sheet of 8 1/2" x 11".  Of course, I wasn't perfectly happy with their measurements, so I changed it just a titch...

Cut an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock down to 8 1/2" x 10 3/4".   Score across the long side at 3 5/8", flip it over towards you, and score again at 7 1/4".  I say flip it, because I like the score marks to fold so the paper doesn't crack.

I will make a video in the next few weeks on how I made this card, especially to show the angle cut and the front embossed bit.  For now - you can just enjoy looking at it.  :)  This is the card, all folded up.


Here is is opened up, laying flat -


I hope this gives you an idea for a different way to make your slimline cards!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Beautiful Friendship, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Ink:  Seaside Spray, Balmy Blue, Petal Pink, Highland Heather, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Seafoam, Sahara Sand
Paper: Seaside Spray, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Other: Parisian Flourish embossing folder, Seaside Spray Metallic ribbon, Elegant Faceted Gems (the Petal Pink ones), Gilded embossing powder (Brutus Monroe).

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment