Friday, July 31, 2020

Leaves of All Kind



My goal this week was to use all sorts of different LEAVES.  I love leaves, with fall leaves being my favorite! 

I demonstrated making these cards yesterday on Facebook.   If you did not catch me live, you can still watch it on my Facebook Page, OR you can click the picture below to view it on YouTube.  (If you don't see a picture, click HERE to see it on YouTube).


If videos aren't your thing, I'll show them all here starting from the top-left corner and working my around.  NOTE: this is not the order that I made them in the video...but that doesn't really matter, right?  I'll also list the stamps/colors/supplies under each card.

Now don't forget that I was showing different kinds of leaves with these cards.  The sea life card was to show seaweed - or sealeaves.  This card was copied right from the catalog!  I remind you all that the catalog is a great resource for card ideas!

If you are on Facebook, you can join my "Toni's Stamping & Sharing Group" here.  Why would you do that?  Good question!  Because I have a few resources available to you in the Files section of that group. One of those resources is a PDF with the Annual Catalog Sample Recipes.  That is a file that has a picture and the ingredients for every sample in the catalog.  You can also use this to figure out how they made certain cards.  Save it!

So back to this card.  I like all of these colors together for this little underwater scene.  You can see that I used the Seabed embossing folder on the Just Jade layer.  I did some sponging right on that, so it makes the embossing show up better.  I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the embossed layer is flipped over, so the raised bits are underneath. 

Stamp your scene, and hand-cut a tiny seahorse.  The gold-embossed "thanks" was from the "THANKS a ton" stamp.  Ink up ONLY the "thanks" with Versamark ink.


Stamps:  Whale Done
Colors:  Blackberry Bliss, Just Jade, Pacific Point, Granny Apple Green, Calypso Coral
Other:  Seabed embossing folder, Pool Party ribbon, gold embossing

Next up is a card that I case'd from Pinterest, by StampingGala.  I changed the background layer - because I like it tone-on-tone.  I really like and embossed layer on the card base, using the same colors.

For the "leaves" aspect of this card, I was just showing how to color these simple leaves with the Stampin' Blends markers.  The leaves and the bigger flower have dies, so I only had to hand-cut the top-right flower.  The Detailed Bands dies also have the fancy label and oval for the greeting.  It's a great set. 



I hope this picture shows all the shimmer - I ran the Clear Wink of Stella pen all over the flowers to finish them.


Stamps:  Band Together
Colors:  Seaside Spray, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight
Other:  Detailed Bands dies, Seaside Spray Metallic ribbon, pearls

Last, but not least, is the slim line card with more traditional fall leaves.  This is my favorite!  I used two different stamp sets, because the leaves are similar style and work so well together.  I used Loyal Leaves, along with Rooted in Nature.

This is not designer series paper - it's a stamped background!  When you're making a card like this, start with your largest leaves first.  That is so you make sure you have room for the bigger ones, and you fill in with the smaller leaves.  I did the biggest leaves in Merry Merlot, and then added the medium size in Cinnamon Cider, and the smallest in Bumble Bee.

I hand-cut two leaves to add next to my greeting.  I cut out a piece of Very Vanilla with the Stitched So Sweetly dies, and stamped in Cinnamon Cider.

The little sprinkle/dots are from the Whale Done set.  I think they are supposed to be air bubbles...but they're the perfect little spritzy filler.  Finish off with some Cinnamon Cider ribbon and Champagne rhinestones.



Stamps:  Loyal Leaves, Rooted in Nature
Colors:  Merry Merlot, Cinnamon Cider, Bumble Bee
Other:  Stitched So Sweetly dies, Cinnamon Cider ribbon, stapler, Champagne Rhinestones

All of the card stock measurements are listed in the description of my YouTube video, so check there if you'd like them.

I hope you like these "Leaves of All Kind" cards! 


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment