Friday, June 5, 2020

June 2020 Workshop AND it's my 20th Stamping Anniversary!

Hello Crafty Friends! 

While we are continuing to practice social distancing, I am continuing with a Virtual Workshop model.  My workshop for June will run, now through June 30th.  I've also got an extra bonus for this month...get all the details HERE.



If you didn't catch me live, you can still watch it on my Demonstrator Page, OR you can click the picture below to view it on YouTube.



Now, if videos aren't your thing, there are the projects that I demonstrated, and more info about each.

First up is this card featuring the Tasteful Touches stamp set, and the In Good Taste designer series papers.  I LOVE the brick wall patterns!

I had some Gray Granite ribbon on my sample, but you can barely see it.  For the demonstration, I went with a double-row of the crochet trim.  The flower was stamped in black, colored in with a regular marker and hand-cut.



Stamps:  Tasteful Touches (and dies)
Colors:  Gray Granite, Whisper White, So Saffron, Mossy Meadow
Other:  Crochet trim

Next up is a Mini Pizza Box, that I demonstrated the direct-to-paper technique.  This technique really works best with a linen-style ink pad...which is perfect, because I had the Misty Moonlight in an ink spot from last month's Paper Pumpkin Kit.

I tied some Seaside Spray Metallic ribbon around, and popped up the greeting bit.


Stamps:  Tasteful Touches, Meant to Be
Colors:  Misty Moonlight, Seaside Spray, Basic Black
Other:  Mini Pizza Box, Seaside Spray Metallic ribbon, Black rhinestones (old)

The third project was an easy beachy-theme card.  I created the background using words from the Ornate Thanks set.  Stamp the seahorse, and hand-cut him out.  I ran the Wink of Stella pen all over him, and popped him up.

I punched out some circles in vellum and Crumb Cake, and embossed the Crumb Cake one with the Tin Tile folder.



Stamps:  Ornate Thanks, Seaside Notions
Colors:  Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
Other:  rhinestones, Tin Tile embossing folder, circle punches

Lastly, I showed the Split Card Technique that has been so popular in the stamping industry for the past week or two.   The idea is you have one larger piece of paper, and stamp in the middle of it. Then cut it to make panels for two cards.  I actually started with 2 separate pieces of paper, since that will be the way I pack your make-n-take kits.

I embossed the greetings in gold and silver, and then added rhinestones to one and pearls to the other.  I like them both!


Stamps:  Beautiful Friendship
Colors:  Highland Heather, Balmy Blue, Petal Pink, Pear Pizzazz, and Soft Seafoam
Other:  rhinestones and pearls, gold and silver embossing powders
  

I hope you enjoyed these cards, and have a great weekend - I really hope it doesn't rain all weekend...we're trying to go to the drive-in tomorrow night.


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment