Sunday, June 14, 2020

Big Chair from Unity



This took  me longer to make than it should have.  As soon as I saw the Unity Kit of the Month for May - I knew I wanted to make a card that reminds me of my grandparents house.  Not that these colors are anything like their couch or walls - but that's what inspired me.

I stamped the big couch stamp directly on to patterned paper from the Garden Impressions designer series papers (retired, but I seem to have most of the pack left.)  I cut it very close - like right on the outline image, then colored in the feet with a black marker. 

The "wallpaper" is also from the Garden Impressions dsps, and the wood is an older wood print pack.  I added the lace trim because I thought it suited the mood of my card.

The chair is popped up with dimensionals.  The little pillow is also popped up, but only up top, and the bottom is secured to the chair with glue dots...so it's kind of leaning out.

I made the wall-hanging by stamping on a piece of Very Vanilla, cut with the Stitched So Sweetly dies - those little scalloped rectangles were perfect.

Finished off with some colored dots.

I hope you like it!  Now my dilemma is who to send it to.  :)

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Beginning of Anything (Unity/Kit of the Month May 2020), Hope in Uncertainty (Unity/Kit of the Month April 2020)
Ink:  Midnight (Catherine Pooler), Early Espresso
Paper: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Garden Impressions designer series paper, Wood Textures designer series paper
Other: Stitched So Sweetly dies, Neutrals dots, Lace trim.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!


1 comment:

  1. Toni,

    Thanks for the beautiful lighthouse card. This maybe the closest I get to a lighthouse this year. It was a fun birthday, got to do social distancing with my family.

    Kay

    ReplyDelete