Sunday, May 17, 2020

Watercolored Lucinda


WOW, right?!  I am so happy with how this card turned out.  I have recently become very interested in "digital stamps", and there are a LOT of choices out there.  The basic idea is that you purchase digital files from a designer - usually PDFs or PNGs.  If they are PDF, you print and craft with it.  If they are PNG, you can insert them into Word, or whatever program you use, re-size them/tilt them/flip them/etc... then print and go.  I have only printed FOUR things off at this point, so I am no expert on the digitals....but I am learning.

This flower came from AnnCorbiereScottDesigns and is a PDF.  The file name is Lucinda.  I printed the file on watercolor paper, and then used my ever-growing collection of watercolor brush markers (Zigs and another brand) to color the images.  Here was my finished sheet, before I cut it down:


Ann's digital designs always include one slimline card, an A-2 size image, a single image and some greetings.  I love the slimline cards, and I am really enjoying learning how to use these watercolor pens. 

Once I hand-cut the purple flower, I had to try to match up colors of card stock from my stash.  I went with Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, and Call Me Clover.  I used three different embossing folders to add texture, because....why not?  The more the merrier!

The Gorgeous Grape is embossed with the Coastal Weave folder.  Granny Apple Green (the lighter of the two shown) is embossed with a NEW folder called, Old World Paper.  Finally, the Call Me Clover piece is embossed with the Layered Leaves folder. 

The Coastal Weave and Layered Leaves folders are retiring, as of June 2, 2020, or while supplies last.  Get yours before they run out!

Let's insert the picture again, so I can see what else I used...  looks like I also curled some of the corners in.


I embossed the greeting from Sketeched Flowers set, from Simon Says Stamp using Gilded embossing powder from Brutus Monroe.  It's gold AND sparkly.  I love it!

I finished with some gold Nuvo Drops, so I just need to let those dry for a bit

I'm very excited about Ann's digital designs - I already bought four or five of them, and will be working on them in the coming weeks.

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Sketched Flowers (Simon Says Stamp), Lucinda (digital from AnnCorbiereScottDesigns)
Ink:  Versamark
Paper: Watercolor, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Call Me Clover
Other:  Coastal Weave embossing folder, Old World Paper embossing folder, Layered Leaves embossing folder, Zig Clean Color brush markers (so many different colors), Large Oval punch, Gold Nuvo Drops
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 
Don't forget about my Virtual Retirement Workshop going on through 5/30/2020!  Details are HERE on my blog.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment