Saturday, May 16, 2020

Daisy Delight and Healing Hugs


Wow!  I made these back in November, when I was visiting my friend in Minnesota for our long-weekend of stamping.  I actually found a few more in my pictures folder, so I'll get to those later.

This first one uses the Delightful Daisy stamp set, which is retiring!  Get it before June 2nd!

I used the "Ink Smooshing" technique on Shimmery White card stock to get this splotchy ink effect.  I like it!  No two cards will ever be the same.  Colors that I used are Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, and Daffodil Delight.

After the ink smooshing dried, I stamped everything in black.  I like the font of that Thank You.


The next card uses the Healing Hugs stamp set, which is NOT retiring.  I was probably in the mood for simple cards when I made this one.  Straight lines, minimal colors...simple enough.   I used a Mango Melody card base here, with either a Smoky Slate, or Gray Granite, layer...I can't tell from the picture. 


I finished both with a few sequins - that seems to be my go-to for accents most days. 

I hope you enjoy these cards.  Maybe you have something similar in your stash to use!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Daisy Delight, Healing Hugs
Ink:  Black, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Smoky Slate/Gray Granite
Paper:  Shimmery White, Whisper White, Mango Melody, Smoky Slate/Gray Granite
Other:  Rhinestones.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 
Don't forget about my Virtual Retirement Workshop going on through 5/30/2020!  Details are HERE on my blog.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment