Sunday, May 24, 2020

Tasteful Touches with Bird Ballad


I had MOST of a sheet of Calypso Coral card stock left, after making a batch of swaps - I also had a few too many flowers cut out...so I decided to make a large square card.  This is 5" x 5" finished.

I also have a few pieces of designer series paper remaining from the Bird Ballad pack, so I cut a hunk off of this print to layer on. 

The flowers are from the new Tasteful Touches set.  I stamped them on Shimmery White card stock, then colored in with my Calypso Coral Blends markers.  I positioned the flowers off to the side, so that I did NOT cover up those two birds that are in the designer series paper.  See them? 

I did not color in the flower centers, but I may go back in and add some yellow...

To make the "hello", I tapped my Versamark pad on just those words - the stamp from Tasteful Touches actually says, "Just Saying Hello"....so I only wanted the "hello".  Embossed that white, on Old Olive.   Punch it out with some old oval punches (large and scalloped)...the words fit just right, and I needed something small enough to squeeze into that space.

Finish off with some larger size pearls.  I figure I'm going to have to pay extra to mail this card anyway - might as well make it fully non-machinable.  :)  

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Tasteful Touches (coming soon!)
Ink:  Versafine Onxy, Versamark
Paper: Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Shimmery White, Old Olive, Bird Ballad designer series paper
Other:  Calypso Coral satin ribbon, Large & Scallop Oval punches, white embossing powder, Pearls
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 
Don't forget about my Virtual Retirement Workshop going on through 5/30/2020!  Details are HERE on my blog.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment