Friday, May 22, 2020

Out with the Old, In with the New - Part 2

I had fun sharing a few more projects on a Facebook Live video yesterday.  I demonstrated these three projects, using some retiring products, as well as some NEW products.  I hope you enjoy them!



Watch the Video!

You can watch the video on HERE on my Facebook Business Page, or catch it here on YouTube below:




If videos are not your thing, here are the projects that I demonstrated, and more information about each.

First up is a card using the Abstract Impressions stamp set, which is retiring.  I cut the panels using different sizes of the Stitched Rectangles dies.  Stamp some of the different flowers tone-on-tone on the Poppy Parade and Flirty Flamingo panels.

The See a Silhouette designer series paper is still available, and as of right now (as I'm publishing this post) it is still on sale for $8.05.  The colors that I used came directly from that paper pack.

Finish off with some Noble Peacock rhinestones (which are ALSO still available, and on sale for only $4.40!).


Stamps:  Abstract Impressions
Colors: Rich Razzleberry, Poppy Parade, Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive, Whisper White
Other:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Stitched Shapes dies, Noble Peacock rhinestones.


The second card is a 3" x 6" card.  I like to make different size cards, and finding an envelope the right size is never a problem because we can always make our own!  I used the new set, Ornate Thanks - it's actually available right now, as part of an Early Release promotion.

The designer series paper is from the NEW In Color 6" x 6" pack.  This color is Cinnamon Cider, and will definitely be one of my favorite colors!


The "striped" lines across the Old Olive card base are from YARN.  Yes,  YARN.  I saw it in an email that I got from Joann's - you wrap yarn around a clear block, and press it in your stamp pad.  The only thing I should add is that the yard did not absorb nearly as much ink as I thought it would.  I still like the effect though - and you can certainly try out different ways to ink up your own.

Sadly - the retiring leaf punch that I used ran out of stock on Wednesday (the day before I did my video, OF COURSE).  For my video, I used the Sprig punch instead.  You may not be able to see the detail - but I ran a piece of Old Olive through the Big Shot with the NEW Old World Paper embossing folder.  Then I punched out my leaves.  It gives it more rumpled texture, so the leaves are not just flat.   Sweet!


Stamps:  Ornate Thanks
Colors:  Cinnamon Cider, Old Olive
Other:  Tasteful Labels dies, Leaf punch (no longer available), Old World Paper embossing folder, Gold embossing, Champagne rhinestones.
 
The last card that I demonstrated is a 4" x 4" card, and it features the new In Color, Misty Moonlight!  I also used the Tasteful Touches bundle again (stamp set and dies).  This time I paired it with a current (NOT retiring) set/dies called To a Wild Rose.  The gold foil die cut leaves are from the die set, and the "hello" is from the stamps.

I did some more tone-on-tone stamping for the background.  Stamp the flower from Tasteful Touches on some Shimmery White card stock, and let it set.

Finish this one off with some Gold Glitter Enamel dots.


Stamps:  Tasteful Touches, To a Wild Rose
Colors:  Misty Moonlight, Seaside Spray
Other:  Tasteful Labels dies, Wild Rose dies, Gold Glitter Enamel dots

This week was Part 2 of my Out with the Old, In with the New series.  I'll be back next Thursday, 5/28 at 8:00pm EST, for my final piece in this series.


Take a look at my latest product offering:  Toni's Favorite New Things!  It's a combination product sampler and share.  You get a taste of my favorite new products.  You will love them!

I hope you enjoyed these cards, and have a great weekend.  I almost forgot that it's Memorial Weekend - and I never made any patriotic cards this week.  :( 


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
Don't forget about my Virtual Retirement Workshop going on through 5/30/2020!  Details are HERE on my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment