Friday, May 15, 2020

Out with the Old, In with the New - Part 1

I had fun sharing a few projects on a Facebook Live video yesterday.  For the next couple of weeks, I will be doing a video a week showcasing some RETIRING products, and then mixing in some NEW products.

Watch the Video!

You can watch the video on HERE on my Facebook Business Page, or catch it here on YouTube below:



If videos are not your thing, here are the projects that I demonstrated, and more information about each.

First up is a card using retiring products.  These cards feature this awesome beach chair die, from the Seasonal Layers die set.  I cut a rainbow of beach chairs out, and split them into two cards.

The "water" under the chairs, and the teeny tiny cluster of stars are stamps from the Label Me Bold stamp set - also retiring as of June 2nd.

Notice that on the green/blue/purple card, I stamped the "water" full strength once then stamped again right below it without reinking.  That is called "Second Generation" stamping.  I like that better than full-strength like I did on the pink/orange/yellow card.

Other than die-cutting the beach chairs, these cards are very simple and straight-forward.  Finish off with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, and rhinestones.


Stamps:  Label Me Bold

Colors:  Melon Mambo, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana
Other:  Seasonal Layers dies, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, rhinestones

For my second card, I brought in a brand new bundle:  Tasteful Touches stamps, and the Tasteful Labels dies.  I can't show you a picture of these yet, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE them.  I'm going to get a lot of use out of them.

I only showed the Melon Mambo/Granny Apple Green card, and then I demonstrated the Early Espresso/Cinnamon Cider card.  The flowers and feathers are both from the Tasteful Touches stamps.  What else is new on the card on the right side?  A new In Color!  Cinnamon Cider!  This is sure to be my favorite color for a long while.  It pairs perfectly with Early Espresso and then some Copper embossing around the edges, and for the feathers.   I can totally see this with my favorite fall colors, and even blues and purples - really versatile.


This card also features the new Old World Paper embossing folder.  WOW!!!  I am seriously going to be addicted to this folder.  You may remember the "paper crunching" method of adding texture to your card stock.  You have to spray it down with a little water first, then crumple it up in your hands several times.  Flatten it out some, and let it dry.  You get a lot of texture, and it looks cool!  NOW you don't have to go to all that trouble - just use this amazing new embossing folder!

Here is a close-up of the embossing on some Early Espresso card stock - it really shows the texture nicely -


Stamps:  Tasteful Touches
Colors:  Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green, Whisper White, Early Espresso, Cinnamon Cider, Very Vanilla
Other:  Tasteful Labels dies, Stiched Nested Labels dies, Old World Paper embossing folder, Gold & Copper embossing powders, Noble Peacock rhinestones, Champagne rhinestones.

Lastly, I demonstrated a project using the digital download (PDF) that Stampin' Up is currently offering as a COVID fundraiser.  It's only $12.00, and includes 15 pages of images to print off.  That's a TON!  Buy yours HERE.  It's not a commissionable order, so you cannot combine with any other purchases.  I think this is awesome - 100% of all the money goes to the two charities listed.  You pick which one you want your $$ to go towards. 

The print-out part is the "I'm smiling under this Face Mask". 

The MASKS themselves are just too cute!  I found this video HERE for how to make them.   The guy that made the video did a great job showing how to create the mask.

I used the Buffalo Check Print background on both of these cards.  That's not retiring, and it's not new - I just felt like it was the perfect background for both of these cards.


Here's a close-up of the mask.  I used Whisper White Baker's Twine for my "elastic strings". 


Stamps:  Buffalo Check Background.  Share Sunshine PDF from Stampin Up
Colors:  Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Granny Apple Green, Whisper White
Other:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Glittered Enamel dots, Whisper White Baker's Twine

This week was Part 1 of my Out with the Old, In with the New series.  I'll continue this for the next two weeks, on Thursday nights.  Looks like I'm going to stick with Thursdays at 8:00pm EST for my Live videos...at least for the time being.  That may change when my work and LIFE schedule gets back to normal, but for now - I'm going with it!

I hope you enjoyed these cards, and maybe are inspired to make some of your own!


Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 
Don't forget about my Virtual Retirement Workshop going on through 5/30/2020!  Details are HERE on my blog.



2 comments:

  1. Great card. What is the stamp on the beach chair card that you used for the stars. I cannot find it in a catalog. Thanks.

    Linda D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda!

    The stars are from a set called Label Me Bold. It was retired a year or two ago, but I may still have it for sale from my stash. Email me at tonistamps@yahoo.com if you want me to check, and if I have it I can get you a picture of the whole stamp set.

    ReplyDelete