Thursday, May 14, 2020

Mother's Day Butterfly - digital!


Oh my goodness!  I totally forgot to share this on Monday!  I was able to go see my Mom on Mother's Day.  We usually have a cook-out at my sister's house, but that was a no-go this year...so my husband decided to make our own cook-out and we packed it up and dropped off to my mom.  She was happy to see us, and glad to have a hotdog.  :) 

This was one of my first attempts at printing a "digi" and coloring it in with Stampin' Blends (alcohol markers).  A "digi" is a digital file - they normally come as either a .jpeg or a .png.  I say NORMALLY, but keep in mind that this was only my second time printing one off successfully.

This particular image came from Unity Stamp Co.  It's called Something Wonderful Butterfly.  The butterfly image is really huge, so I was able to figure out how to re-size it a little.    I printed it off on my DeskJet printer.  Keep in mind - alcohol markers work with water-based ink...therefore they work great with a deskjet or inkjet printer.

If I wanted to watercolor this image, I would need to use a different printer, otherwise the watercoloring would make the deskjet/inkjet ink smear.  I had so many ideas last week that I bought a laserjet printer on-line, and we went and picked it up last Friday.  Just hooked it up today, and I'm happy so far!  I was able to print on card stock.  Later, I'll test printing on watercolor paper, since that was my original plan for it.  I'm excited to play with my new toy!

Like I said, I colored the flowers in with a bunch of different Stampin' Blends markers.

I embossed the Purple Posy layer with the Parisian Flourish embossing folder, and tied some Whisper White 5/8" Polka Dot Tulle ribbon around that.  Glued that to the front of the Gorgeous Grape card base, then layered on my butterfly/flower with Stampin' Dimensionals.


The "Happy" was cut from some Grapefruit Grove foil paper, using the Merry Christmas dies - not just for Christmas!  Then I embossed "Mother's Day" from the Well Said stamp set on some Gorgeous Grape card stock.  Punched those layers out with some retired punches. 

I finished it off with some Noble Peacock Rhinestones, and I think I may have run the Wink of Stella pen all over the butterfly.  I can't tell from the picture...

She loved it - said it was the her two favorite things (butterflies and flowers) combined.  Mission accomplished!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Well Said, Something Wonderful Butterfly (digital, Unity Stamp Co)
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Whisper White, Purple Posy, Gorgeous Grape, Grapefruit Grove foil
Other: lot of Stampin' Blends markers (purples, pinks, blues, greens), Merry Christmas dies, Parisian Flourish embossing folder, Whisper White 5/8" Polka Dot Tulle ribbon, Large Oval & Scalloped Oval punches, Noble Peacock Rhinestones.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 
Don't forget about my Virtual Retirement Workshop going on through 5/30/2020!  Details are HERE on my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment