Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Basket of Flowers for Mother's Day


While I can't visit with these ladies, I can still send them a Mother's Day card.  I hope they like all these flowers!

The pot of flowers is from Hope in Uncertainty, Unity's Kit of the Month April 2020.  I stamped that first on watercolor paper using a waterproof black ink.  This time, I used Catherine Pooler's Midnight.  I like it, although I do feel like I need to let it dry for a bit before I color on it.  I hit it with my mini dryer. 

For the watercolor brush pens - I have a mix of Zig Clean Color Brushes, and a set that of Ohuhu that I got for Christmas, from Amazon (thanks Mom!).  I like them, but I didn't get a lot of color flowing even with a lot of water.  I really think that's because of the watercolor paper I used.  I need to try a different brand....something better.  I have some Stratmore that should work great.

The greeting is embossed with Antique Gold from Simon Says Stamp.  It's actually two different sets.  "Happy" is from a freebie from scrapbook.com, and "mother's day" is from Well Said (Stampin' Up).

After everything is colored and embossed, I die cut the card fronts out with a new set I got from Gina Marie Designs.  I like that little border.  Mount that on Basic Black, and then pop up with loads of dimensionals on to the colored card bases.

I finished with some Copper Nuvo drops.  I thought it went well with the Antique Gold embossing powder.

I really do like these water color pens, and will do more with them soon.

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps:  Well Said, Birthday?  (Scrapbook.com), Hope in Uncertainty (Unity Stamp Co/Kit of the Month, April 2020)
Ink: Midnight, Versamark
Paper: watercolor paper, Basic Black, Pineapple Punch, Ballet Blue
Other: Gina Marie Designs dies, Copper Nuvo drops, various watercolor brush pens, Aqua Painter.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment