Monday, May 4, 2020

Mermaid Slim Line card


There's been a lot of talking and sharing of "slim line" cards in the stamping world lately.  While there are no hard and fast rules about what size makes a slim line - it's basically a long skinny card.  Make it sized to fit some #10 envelopes you may have laying around, or make it something else.  For this card, I made it 3 1/2" x 8 1/2". 

The Blueberry Bushel card base is 7" x 8 1/2".  Scored half-way on the 7" side, at 3 1/2".  While this is a common size for slim line cards, what forced me to select this size was the scrap of this gorgeous blue designer series paper that I had from the See a Silhouette pack.  It was 3" wide, so I made it work!

I also had enough of the scraps left to punch a 2 1/2" circle, and then part of another circle.  This washy blue is the other side of the same piece.  I embossed some speckles on it, using Gilded embossing powder from Brutus Monroe.  It's gold and sparkly and I love it.


I embossed some gold seaweeds at the bottom of the card, and then attached my punched out circles.  I hung the largest circle off the edge, cut it off and attached that left-over bit to the card.


Here's a closeup of the mermaid.  I embossed her as well, and colored in with regular Stampin' Write markers.  The blue shades are Blueberry Bushel and Pacific Point.  When you use regular markers over an embossed image, the ink pools on top of the embossing - so don't forget to pat it dry with a paper towel.  You'll be surprised what you pick up!

I did add some Clear Wink of Stella to her fins and tail, but you can't really tell all that well.  :(


Finish it off with some rhinestones, and I'm ready to send it out!

The Blueberry Bushel card stock/marker, Magical Mermaid stamp set, and the See a Silhouette papers that I used for this are all retiring - so get them while they're still available!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Magical Mermaid, Seaside Notions
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Blueberry Bushel, Whisper White, See a Silhouette designer series paper
Other: 2 1/2" circle punch, Gilded embossing powder (Brutus Monroe), Stampin' Write markers (Blueberry Bushel, Pacific Point, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, So Saffron), Rhinestones.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment