Sunday, April 12, 2020

Single Signature Hand-Sewn Journal


Happy Sunday everyone!  I'm so happy to share this project today, because...drum roll, please.....I made a video to show and explain what I did to make it.  It's not a step-by-step actual making it kind of video.  More of a flip-through, talking about what I did.  I had to start somewhere with videos, so this was my first try.

Hop on over to YouTube and check it out:  Toni's Single Signature Hand-Sewn Journal

I already did some edits to it, and cut out some of the beginning where I was getting my paper and camera set up and talking to one of my friends.

This project is a Single-Signature Hand-Sewn Journal.  I used a 3-hole pamphlet stitch, which I had to google for how to do that.  This was my first time making something like this, and sewing it...it was a lot easier than I expected.  I will definitely make more of these!

I'm only going to share a few pictures of the inside pages, but I will give you paper measurements and scoring.

This journal is made using just (4) pieces of 12" x 12" designer series paper.  The book is 5" x 7" finished.

Pages 1 and 3 are pocket pages.

Cut your paper 9" x 10".  Score at 5" on the long side (10" side - folds it in half).  Score at 2" on the short side (9" side - this folds up and gives you the 2" pocket). 

Picture below shows page 1 on the left, and 2 on the right. 


Page 2 is a Side-Pocket page. 

Cut your paper 7" x 12".  Score on the long side (12" side), at 5" and 10".  This leaves a 2" piece that you flap over to make the side pocket.

Page 4 is the very middle of the book and has no pockets.

Cut your paper 7" x 10".  Score on the long side (10" side) at 5".  


If you watch the video, you'll see that I used some of the left-over pieces of paper to make additional pockets and tags.


Like I said, I can see myself making more of these.  I really need more pictures to finish this one though.  I have a hard time making embellishments and doo-dads, without pictures.

I think you have plenty of information to get started on a journal of your own!

I also started a new Group on Facebook - so please hop over there and join!  https://www.facebook.com/groups/2467527570166531/

The Group is where I did my Live video, and I'm also encouraging people to share their own projects and ideas. 

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: To Have and To Hold, Good Greetings
Ink: Midnight (Catherine Pooler)
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Modern Love designer series paper
Other: Coastal Weave embossing folder, Gilded embossing powder (Brutus Monroe), Stitched Tag dies (My Favorite Things), Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Ornate Tag Topper punch, Large Oval punch, Antique Brads, Black/Glimmer Brads, Vanilla Thick Baker's Twine, various trim and ribbons,  Markers (Crumb Cake, River Rock, Blush Blossom, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso), stapler.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment