Sunday, April 19, 2020

File Folder Mini Scrapbook


A file folder?!  YES.  I found this nice pink one a couple of weeks ago, as I was cleaning out a box of office stuff....from 15 years ago.  We're all doing some hard core purging and cleaning now, right? 

I took the beautiful pink file folder, some pieces from the Lily Impressions designer series, and some matching card stock and I got to work.


First, I cut the file folder down to 6".   I saved the bottom part that I cut off for another project.  I couldn't throw it away!  You can see that I had to erase some writing on the front top here, but that's okay - it will be covered up.


Then I inverted the fold in the middle, and then folded the front and back flaps accordingly.  I made a small accordian.  I knew what I wanted this project to be when I started, and this grid pattern inside the folder did not work.  I covered most of it up.


So I've got the front cover, and then 4 pages inside to decorate and add pictures.  I did not have the pictures when I first made the scrapbook.  I had a "portrait-mode" idea in mind, so I attached all my inside card stock and papers accordingly.  Well....I got the pictures from my friend and they are all landscape.  Go figure.  So I had to turn the book sideways, and deal with the fact that my papers are going the wrong way.  :(

At least I saved the front cover for the end!  First inside page here.  I may add another label tape to the inside of the tab. I added a piece of Gorgeous Grape that only partially covers the page.  Embossed it with the Swirl & Curls embossing folder.  Picture mounted on Grapefruit Grove.  (I got all of the card stock color choices from the Lily Impressions designer series paper - they list all the colors on the back!)


Second page.  I guess I'm not too worked up about the patterned papers going the wrong direction - you can barely tell anyway.  Melon Mambo base, Granny Apple Green photo mount, and Gorgeous Grape saying.  Embossed with Gilded powder by Brutus Monroe.  It's sparkly gold - I love it!


Third one.  Pretty Peacock base, Melon Mambo photo mount, Old Olive words.


Last page.  Lovely Lipstick base, Pretty Peacock photo mount, and Old Olive word bit.


I did not glue the pages together.  I left them all open, accordian-style.


Again, here's the front cover.  I did some embossing and paper piecing on the camera.  I used a real label maker, the kind that punches up the letters on colored tape.  Tied some ribbon and gold cord on the binder clip. The layer of Granny Apple Green is embossed with the Tufted embossing folder.  I squirted in some Red Berry Nuvo Drop in the little heart, and added some enamel hearts that I got from Gina Marie Designs.


That's it!  I hope you all like this little scrapbook as much as I do!  I'm mailing it to my friend's mom tomorrow.

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: (front cover anyway - ) Love to Go and Take Another Shot (Unity Stamp Co)
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green, Grapefruit Grove, Old Olive, Pretty Peacock, Lovely Lipstick, Gorgeous Grape, Lily Impressions designer series paper
Other: Tufted embossing folder, Swirls & Curls embossing folder, Everyday Label punch, Gilded embossing powder, Heart enamels (Gina Marie Designs), Red Berry Nuvo drops, various color Stickles, one Crystal brad, Lemon Lime Twist Ombre ribbon, Gold Cord, binder clip, label maker, Pink office file folder (used).
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment