Friday, April 10, 2020

Easter Cross cards


This will be the last batch of Easter cards that I post for 2020.  My mom confirmed yesterday that she received hers (the purple one!), so I can share now without spoiling the surprise for her. 

I've been getting Unity Stamp Co's monthly Kit of the Month for maybe 7 or 8 months now.  I can't remember exactly.  I'm always blown away by it.  Not every image catches my eye immediately, but enough do.  I really like what they put out.  Great stamps. 

When I saw this cross in the Spring & Things/March 2020 kit, I immediately thought that my mom would love it.

For starters, I embossed (3) crosses with some Antique Gold embossing powder.  I forget who makes it, but I probably got it from Simon Says Stamp.  I like it - it's an interesting shade of gold.  I also embossed the greeting (also from the Spring & Things kit), with the same Antique Gold powder.

I punched all of the greetings out with the retired Large Oval punch, and layered with the Scalloped Oval punch - all in Whisper White. 

This first one went to her.  She loves purple, so I used Purple Posy.   I took the embossed cross, and cut it out with the Stitched Seasons dies - which are apparently gone from the Clearance Rack now.  Gotta get stuff while it's hot on that clearance rack! 

The background layer is embossed with the Parisian Flourish 3-D embossing folder.   Very swirly and flowy looking.

Cut that out, then I used the Purple Posy and Soft Sea Foam markers to color in.  I used regular Stampin' Markers.  Then I ran over the colored parts with the Clear Wink of Stella pen.  I bunched up some Whisper White Twill trim, stapled it together and attached to the back of the die cut panel.  All of that is popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.


The blue ones are in Seaside Spray, and I went through the same embossing the same process of embossing the crosses, using some different die cuts to cut them out, embossed the backgrounds (Ruffled on one, Parisian Flourish on the other), and coloring in the flowers/stems.

The only real difference is how I attached the ribbon.  I folded it over the back of the greeting piece 3 times, attached with Sticky Strip (red-line tape). 


The greeting pieces are all attached with Stampin' Dimensionals, and then I added some pearls on each card to finish.

I hope you like them, and I hope everyone has a Happy Passover and Happy Easter!

Supplies you'll need to create this (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Spring & Things/Kit of the Month, March 2020 (Unity Stamp Company)
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Purple Posy, Seaside Spray, Whisper White
Other: Stitched So Sweetly dies, Lots of Labels dies (retired), Stitched Seasons Dies (retired), Ruffled embossing folder (retired), Parisian Flourish embossing folder, Stampn' Write Markers (Purple Posy, Soft Sea Foam), Clear Wink of Stella pen, Antique Gold embossing powder (Simon Says stamp maybe), Large & Scalloped Oval punches (retired), Whisper White 1/2" Weaved ribbon, Soft Seaside 1/4" Metallic ribbon, Pearls

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment