Sunday, March 22, 2020

Tri-panel Hello card


I've made tri-panel cards before, but I saw it again on one of the Facebook groups that I'm on and it made me think of this.  I haven't been in my stamp room for a week!!!  (GASP!)  I know, right?!  I've actually been working horribly long hours, but now I have some time to get back in my Happy Room this week.

My anxiety with a three-panel card is always getting the panels the exact same size.  What I do is start with my layer of Whisper White - that's 5 1/4" x 4".  

Assuming that I want my colored card stocks to be 1/8" less, I divided 5 1/8" by 3 - that's 1.70somethingsomethingsomething.  To me, that means 1 3/4" minus a smidge.  Smidge in this case is 1/16".  It's close enough.

Whisper White:  5 1/4" x 4"

Color layers (need 3):  1 11/16" x 3 7/8"

I wanted my stamped images to go from one layer to the other, so I laid all (3) color pieces down together, touching.  Hold them in place with one hand, and do your stamping.  I used Versamark.  When you're finished, tape them to the 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White.

The border on one end will be a smidge wider than all the others - carefully trim it off to match.  Easy peasy!


For the greeting, I wanted just the "hello" from the "hello friend" image, from the Seriously the Best stamp set.  I took my Versamark pad, and very carefully inked up just the "hello".



Then I added some Shimmer White embossing powder.  It's SO SPARKLY!  This is it before I heat embossed it.  So pretty!


To add the ribbon around my card, I first laid down some tape, and then wrapped the Whisper White 1/4" Crinkled Seam binding around twice.  Then, just to be sure it won't pop up later - I stapled it!  No one will ever see, because I'm putting the greeting right over top of that spot.


The greeting, and then the entire front panel are both popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals, and then I finished with some Pearls.


I thought these current In Colors were soft and spring-y like.  I hope you try out this tri-panel card design!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Seriously the Best
Ink:  Seaside Spray, Roccoco Rose, Purple Posy, Whisper White
Other: Shimmer White embossing powder, Whisper White 1/4" Crinkled Seam binding, Pearls, Stampin' Dimensionals.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment