Sunday, March 8, 2020

How I Organize My Cards - Cheap and Effective


Today I'm sharing with you how I've recently organized my finished cards.  Believe it or not, I did not have a system in place, even after all these years.  I had boxes and piles of cards all over the place, and when I needed one....it took longer than it should have to find what I wanted.

I didn't necessarily want to buy anything new, so I used what I had on hand - Address labels, Manilla File Folders, and photo boxes.  The ones that are always on sale at Michael's or Joann's, for a few dollars. 

The file folders that I have are Single Tab, but I cut the top off anyway so it doesn't matter what you have.  You'll cut yours down to whatever size you need for whatever you will store your cards in.   I did not tape the file folders closed...so if I want, I can still put something IN them.  But I probably won't. 

Labels are regular mailing address labels.  I made a list of the categories that I wanted to use first, and printed them off.  My labels are old, and not sticky well so I've had to go back and glue them.  It still works though!


You can see that my file folders stick way up from the box, and I won't be able to put the lids on the boxes this way.  That's okay!  I don't want to put the lids on anyway!  I want to be able to flip through my cards easily. 

I've got some holidays in here too, even though I usually make cards for specific holidays as I need them.  The Christmas cards here are just random ones that I've made and haven't used yet.  Realistically, Christmas Cards gets their own entire box when the time comes.


No stamping today, but I hope this gives you an idea of how you can organize your finished cards.  It makes it so much easier to find a card quickly!

I've organized some of my Non-SU (GASP!) stamps this way too - using manilla file folders.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment