Saturday, March 28, 2020

Flowers tag - recycled file folder!


It's Day 4 of the tag challenge over at Unity Stamps, and I wanted to do something with flowers today.  I had the stamp set in mind, We Can Rise/Kit of the Month, June 2018.  Then I went to hunt for some paper scraps to use.

I was happy to pull out this left over piece of a file folder to use.  I liked that it still had the tab on it, and I just had to trim it down a tiny bit and cover up the writing on it.


I covered the base of the tag with one piece of scrap designer paper that I had.  The top pattern is the back-side of the birds here.    Then I added two different pieces of washi tape. 

I stamped the flowers directly onto the bird papers, and then stamped it again on Very Vanilla card stock and embossed in gold.  I colored them all in with a bunch of different color water brush pens.  I've got a few brands all mixed into one box.  Some are Zig Clean Color brushes, other are a brand I got from Amazon.  They all work great.

Use an old-timey label maker (the kind you squeeze to make the letters pop up) to make some strips for the side and bottom.  Then staple on some ribbons/sequins.


To finish, the colored flowers/leaves are cut out and popped up on the tag with Stampin Dimensionals.



I hope you're inspired to dig through your scrap bucket and make something neat!


Supplies you'll need to create this (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: We Can Rise/Kit of the Month, June 2018 (Unity Stamp Company)
Ink:  Midnight, Versamark
Paper:  Very Vanilla, unknown patterned paper, file folder remnant
Other: various color water brush pens, label maker, Gilded Gold embossing powder (Brutus Monroe), washi tape, Basic Black 1/2" Stitched Satin ribbon, gold sequin trim, stapler.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment