Thursday, March 26, 2020

Cupcake Tag!


There was another tag sharing challenge over at Unity today, so I decided to join in since I had the time and the supplies.  :)

I used two different Unity stamp sets for this tag.  The big cupcake and the words are from Cupcake Day.  Love it!  Then I used the March 2020 Kit of the Month, Spring & Things to add the background dotty/lines.

I used Stampin' Up inks for this tag, with the ink smooshing technique.  I smashed the ink pads onto my glass mat, spritzed with water, and dropped/dragged my tag through it.  I did heat set between colors to dry.

I used the same ink smooshing technique for the cupcake too.  I just used some purple masking tape, and dragged the bottom of the cupcake through some Coastal Cabana ink first.  Heat set it, then moved the masking tape, and dropped into some Baked Brown Sugar.  I didn't drag that one, because I wanted it to look different - splotchy.  Nailed it!

The blue burlap ribbon is some that a friend left at my house.  I frayed the edges and glued it directly to the tag.  Then I glued the cupcake on top of the ribbon.  It's got just enough dimension to make me happy.

I hand-cut the words very carefully.

The Disco Ball Stickles is still wet, but you get the idea - they will be glittery when they dry.


Have a cupcake today!

Supplies you'll need to create this (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Cupcake Day, Spring & Things/Kit of the Month March 2020 (both from Unity Stamp Company)

Ink:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, Chocolate Truffle (Gina K)
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Vanilla Tag (Tim Holtz)
Other: Coastal Cabana Ruffled Stretch trim, Disco Ball Stickles.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment