Sunday, March 15, 2020

Coastal Weave embossing folder inspiration


I've got a special offer, now through March 31st.  Get a free Coastal Weave 3-D embossing folder with your $70 purchase.  Click over HERE to see all the details!

I came up with these three ideas to give you some inspiration for this great folder.  It's available from the current Mini Catalog, and I think it's very versatile.

This first card, I was going for an island-y feel.  I embossed the Crumb Cake card stock with the Coastal Weave embossing folder, then rubbed the Crumb Cake ink pad directly over the embossed pattern.  Not smashing it - the foam pads make it tricky.  Use a light touch and drag the ink pad over the raised bits.

For the stamping, I went to the Waterfront stamp set, for those little palm trees.  I still love that set, and I need to use it more!  I added the greeting from Seriously the Best, using Terracotta Tile ink.  I stapled a piece of 5/8" Burlap ribbon to the bottom of that piece, and popped the whole thing up with Stampin' Dimesionals.  Finish off with some Champagne Rhinestones!


On the second card, I went in a completely different direction.  I wanted sweet and cute, so I pulled out the Welcome Easter set for this little sheep.  I used Seaside Spray card stock for another tone-on-tone card.  I cut out the largest Stitched Circle from the Stitched Shapes dies, and I probably should have left it alone....but I embossed it too, and then realized my patterns don't line up.  Oopsie!

I colored the sheep in with Stampin' Blends markers in Petal Pink, Seaside Spray, and Smoky Slate.  Pop the sheep up, and add some Pearls.


If you're wondering how I made that ruffle - I used an old doily, and trimmed the center out. 


Then just lay tape down and ruffle it around the circle.


Finally, I wanted to showcase the Flowering Fields papers - cutting out some of the flower prints.  This is one of the $50-spend Sale-a-Bration items that you can select.  I cut some of the flowers from one of the edges, so I could use it along the side of my card.


Add color to the flowers directly with sponge daubers, and then trim it down.  This pattern has a beautiful Rose Gold foil.  I paired it with Calypso Coral and Sahara Sand card stocks.  This time, I added just a 2" strip of the Coastal Weave embossed piece.  I tied a piece of Calypso Coral satin ribbon around, and added a teeny tiny greeting from the Label Me Bold stamp set, stamped in Pear Pizzazz.  Finished with some pearls.


I hope I've shown how you can incorporate this Coastal Weave 3-D embossing folder to add some great texture to your projects!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Waterfront, Seriously the Best, Welcome Easter, Label Me Bold
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Terracotta Tile, Black, Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz
Paper: Crumb Cake, Love Notes (retired), Seaside Spray, Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Sahara Sand, Flowering Foils Specialty papers
Other: Coastal Weave embossing folder, 5/8" Burlap ribbon, stapler, Stitched Shapes dies, doily, Stampin' Blends (Petal Pink, Seaside Spray, Smoky Slate), sponge daubers, Calypso Coral 3/8" Satin ribbon, Pearls, Champagne rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment