Saturday, March 14, 2020

Same design, different stamps!

I had another opportunity to do something with the supplies that I had already cut for stamp club.  This time, instead of making 5 more of the same card, I decided I would keep the card base and colors the same, but change up the images and greetings.  I did not intend on spending all day in my craft room....but it happened, and I'm not sorry!  :)

My intent with this card was to spotlight the Flowering Foils Specialty papers, which are one of the newer Sale-a-Bration choices for spending $50.  These papers are GORGEOUS.  White bases (not slick), with Silver and Rose Gold foil prints.  The bonus about using these papers is that you can sponge, brayer, dauber, color with markers, spritz - add your colors any way you want, and the foil resists the ink so the shiny goodness still comes through.  Beautiful!


I chose one of the silver prints to use on the card I had prepped.  This is all six cards.  The middle one of the light house is what we were going to make at stamp club today. 


All of the cards have the same design - same background, then something stamped, cut out, and popped up, and a greeting strip with a layer of Bermuda Bay behind it.  The backgrounds are all the same - sponging three colors on:  Bermuda Bay, Blueberry Bushel, and Night of Navy.   I started in the middle with Blueberry Bushel, then went up top with the Bermuda Bay, then down to the bottom with Night of Navy.   Since the foil is resisting the ink, your hands will get INKY with this technique.  I used sponges and rubbed the color in, in circles.


After you are finished sponging your colors onto the Flowering Foils papers, you'll need to buff them all off with a paper towel.  This picks up all the little bits of ink that are pooling on top of the foiled areas.


Now I will show you each card from the picture, left to right.  I will list the stamps and embossing folder for each card, and then just list the supplies that were common to all at the bottom.

On this first one, I used the Sea of Textures stamps and Under the Sea dies to get this octopus and fish net.  Stamp the octopus in Blueberry Bushel...I might should have gone with Night of Navy for him, but it's done now.  I cut the fish net out of Silver foil paper.  The strip of Bermuda Bay card stock is embossed with the High Seas embossing folder.


The second one is the one we were going to make - using the High Tide stamp set.  I love this light house!  I stamped it in Night of Navy and Smoky Slate.  I also used the High Seas embossing folder again.


Next up is a lovely mermaid, from the Magical Mermaid stamp set.  I embossed her in silver, and then colored in with Stampin' Markers.  I did run the Clear Wink of Stella pen ALL OVER her, but it doesn't show up in my photos.  :(  The greeting here is from Sea of Textures.  And again, I used the High Seas embossing folder.


From the bottom left corner of the group photo, I cracked open the Make a Splash stamp set that I just got.  It's a hostess only set, and I liked the fish and the crab in it.  Any time they come out with a set with a crab in it, I am hard-pressed NOT to get it.  :)  I embossed the fish bowl in silver, and then stamped the water line in Pool Party.  Then I used my Pool Party Blends to make all the water...that made the paper really wet, and I did not realize it.  When I went to stamp the right-side fish, the ink bled out all over.  So he's not the best looking fish, but I'm over it.  This time I used the Hammered Metal embossing folder, and again ran the Clear Wink of Stella pen all over the water in the fish bowl.


 You can see the sparkly Wink of Stella in this picture - and how blobby that first fish looks close up.  :(


 Next up is a really cool van that I just got from Unity Stamp Company.  It's from their February 2020 Kit set, Timeless.  I love, love, love this van!  My friend's mom had one this color growing up, and I always think of it.  It was a manual, and I swear the stick-shift was at least 3 feet tall.  Too funny!  I colored the van in with Stampin' Blends in Coastal Cabana (retired), and Bermuda Bay.  I also added the Clear Wink of Stella to the tire rims, bumpers, and all the windows.


Last, but not least, I ended with another sympathy card.  Again, I turned to a Unity Kit set from May 2017, Free Your Dreams.  I embossed the butterfly in silver, and then used sponge daubers to add Bermuda Bay and Night of Navy.   I used the new Coastal Weave embossing folder on this one. 


You may have noticed that I used colored rhinestones on each card.  Those are all from the same Noble Peacock Rhinestones pack.  I love the jewel tones!

I was so excited to come with these ideas and make these cards.  I hope they inspire you!

As I stated earlier in the post, I'll just list all the common supplies here.  Individual stamps, and folders are listed with each card.

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: see above
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Blueberry Bushel, Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Paper: Night of Navy, Whisper white, Bermuda Bay, Flowering Foils specialty papers
Other:  ponges, Noble Peacock Rhinestones

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment