Sunday, February 16, 2020

One Design, Many Cards


I designed the top left card for my stamp club group last week.  My intention was to come up with a card that allows you to use small pieces of your patterned paper (that we ALL have PILES of).  That was a big hit, and then I came home and made another version using some embossing.  Today, I had to make some swaps for another group, so I came up with the bottom two cards.

I LOVE this design!  It's so easy, simple, and yet really eye catching with the (3) different paper prints and some rhinestones.

To make a card like this, you will need:

(3) pieces of DSP (designer series paper/patterned paper),  measuring 1 7/8" x 2 1/2".   ** Pay attention to the direction of your prints.  These cards are all laid out as LANDSCAPE.

(1) piece of white/vanilla card stock to stamp on,  1 7/8" x 2 1/2".

(1) card stock layer (SAME COLOR AS layer listed BELOW), 3 3/4" x 5".   This is the piece that you will tape all of your small rectangles on to.  Trim off any edges that are hanging over, then attach it to the layer listed below with Stampin' Dimensionals.

(1) card stock layer, 4" x 5 1/4".  ** I use the same color card stock as for the layer listed above.   Glue this layer to your card base.

(1) card base, 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".

First card to show is the original, that we made at Stamp Club last weekend.  Notice on this card, I used the Gold Foil-Edge card/envelope for my base.  That gold REALLY pops!   Designer papers are a Sale-a-Bration item - Golden Honey Specialty designer series papers.  Lots of gold in this paper pack.  On this card, I had the greeting in the top-right corner.  I changed it up on the next one.  Greeting is from the Seriously the Best stamp set.  I love this font!  Gold Glitter Enamel dots finish it off nicely.


Next one, I switched the papers around, and put the greeting in the bottom corner.  I really do like this better. 


Third time, I did this same paper placement, but embossed the greeting in gold.  Greeting is from the Sweetly Swirled stamp set.  Then I swapped out the Gold Foil-Edge card for a Crushed Curry base. 


Next up, I switched papers and card stock.  Pretty Peacock looks great with a gold-embossed greeting, and some Flirty Flamingo stamping.  Papers here also from Sale-a-Bration - Lily Impressions.  Very pretty papers.  Greeting is again from the Seriously the Best stamp set. 


Finally, I switched the papers/card stock again.  I went to the Country Club designer series paper for a Golf themed birthday card.  I also paired two different greeting sets to make "Happy birthday" here.  "Happy" comes from Merry Christmas to All set, and "birthday" comes from the Well Said set.  I love combining different fonts.  Basic rhinestones finish off this one.


I hope these cards give you some ideas for using up your scrap papers.  We ALL have piles and piles of bits and pieces that we just can't bring ourselves to throw out.  Use them up!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.  DSP = Designer Series Paper):

Stamps:  Seriously the Best, Sweetly Swirled, Merry Christmas to All, Well Said
Ink: Versamark, Black, Basic Grey, Flirty Flamingo
Paper:  Gold Foil-Edge cards/envelopes, Whisper White, Basic Black, Golden Honey Specialy DSP, Crushed Curry, Pretty Peacock, Lily Impressions DSP, Country Club DSP
Other:  Black Stampin' Dimensionals (on all cards), Gold Glitter Enamel Dots, Rhinestones.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment