Sunday, February 23, 2020

Mountain Air Congrats Card


I needed a card for my uncle, who recently won a medal for his Traminette at their local wine club.  I don't really know what that is, but congratulations are in order regardless!  I don't have any wine-themed stamps, so I went with a mountain scene card.

I pulled the background piece from my pile of already-made backgrounds.  I think this was done with ink smooshing and Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks.  I do not know the colors.  I like that the blues and little bits of brown end up looking like the sky, and some water.  It works!

I stamped mountains from the Mountain Air set on first.  The solid ones are in Smoky Slate, then detail moutains were in Early Espresso.

Then I went to the Waterfront stamp set, for some swishy lines to kind of make "land" below the moutains.  I used Crumb Cake ink first - but that didn't show up well enough over top of the Distress Oxide inks...so I went back over it with Vintage Photo (Distress Oxide).

I added trees from Mountain Air, first in Walnut Stain (Distress Oxide)...but that wasn't dark enough so I stamped over it with Intense Black (Picket Fence).

Finally, I added the "Congrats".  I love this font in the Seriously the Best set.  I wish they had offered matching dies.  I stamped the greeting in my Stamparatus, still with the Intense Black ink.  I hit it 6 or 7 times, to get it really good and dark on that Distress Oxide background.

I kept the card itself simple, as far as card stock colors.  I figured there was already plenty of color on this panel, so I framed it in Whisper White, and put it on a Basic Black card base.

Finished off with a few Honey Gold Nuvo Glitter Drops.  I have to set this off to dry for a bit before I can put it in the envelope and mail it off.

I hope this gives you an idea to make your own mountain or outdoorsy scene card!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.  DSP = Designer Series Paper):

Stamps:  Seriously the Best, Mountain Air, Waterfront
Ink: Smoky Slate, Early Espresso, Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain (Distress Oxide), Intense Black (Picket Fence)
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black
Other:  Honey Gold Nuvo Glitter Drops

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment