Saturday, February 1, 2020

Melon Mambo Valentines


I really had a good time making some Valentine cards today.  These two use some Lovely Lipstick Foil (from last year's Sale-a-Bration), which happens to match Melon Mambo perfectly!

I also did some embossing, and used a bunch of different hearts - heart punches, heart enamel shapes, heart doily...

On the first one, I embossed the Melon Mambo layer with the Subtle embossing folder.  It's not showing up that great, but it does give some nice overal texture.   Then I embossed one of the Heart Doilies with Silver embossing powder - covered the entire thing.  Cut some hearts out of the Lovely Lipstick Foil using the Stitched Be Mine dies.   Punch out some small hearts with an old punch.  Assemble with dimensionals and glue dots, and finish off with some rhinestones!


The second one is a white-on-white background/base.  I embossed the Whisper White layer with the Parisian Flourish embossing folder.   I also embossed the Lovely Lipstick foil heart with the Tufted embossing folder.  The scalloped rectangle is something I found in my stash from a long time ago.  It was a pack of these shapes called "Sending Love Notes".  I stamped right on it with a greeting from Good Greetings.  I also added a white-embossed greeting "I Love You More" from a set I just got from Taylored Expressions.  Assemble with dimensionals, and add some rhinestones and heart enamel shapes.


I hope you are inspired to make some Valentine's with what you've got in your stash!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Meant to Be, Good Greetings, Valentine's Mini Strips (Taylored Expressions)
Ink: Versamark, Melon Mambo
Paper:  Whisper White (thick and regular), Lovely Lipstick Foil, Melon Mambo, Sending Love Notes
Other:  Stitched Be Mine dies, Mini Strips die (Taylored Expressions), Subtle embossing folder, Parisian Flourish embossing folder, Tufted embossing folder, Heart Doilies, Silver and White embossing powder, rhinestones, pink heart enamel shapes.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment