Saturday, February 1, 2020

For a Special Couple


I made this card for a swap, thinking that it could either be for a wedding or anniversary.  I did a lot of embossing with gold on this card.  I like the Gold and White together.

I started by embossing one of the Heart Doilies.   I smashed the entire doily with the Versamark ink pad, and then covered it with Gold embossing powder.  It was a little tricky to get the embossing powder to cook - I couldn't really grab the doily with anything, because I didn't want to mess up the embossing powder.  So I poked a Paper Piercing Tool through one of the holes in the doily, to hold it up in the air.  The heat from the heat tool made that Paper Piercer hot very quickly!  I got it figured out...  While I had the embossing powder out, I embossed the greeting from the Special Celebrations stamp set

Next up, I cut some Whisper White card stock with the Stitched Be Mine dies.  The largest heart die in that set cuts both this thin scalloped border, and the heart that fits inside - at the same time.  I took the inside heart, and embossed with the NEW Parisian Flourish embossing folder.   I love it - it's a lot of texture!

To get the embossed heart AND the thin scalloped heart frame to stay together, I laid down a lot of Glue Dots around the edge of the backside.


Then I laid down a BUNCH of Stampin' Dimensionals.  I really don't want these pieces coming apart.


Assembly is quite easy.  Start with a layer of the Golden Honey Specialty designer series paper, on a Whisper White Thick Card stock base.  The Golden Honey papers are a great item as a free Sale-a-Bration choice - colors are very neutral and all occasion - gold, black, and white!

Add the large heart (with all those dimensionals), then add the gold-embossed doily.  Finish up with the greeting, and add a few Champagne rhinestones.


Now it's in my stash, waiting for a wedding or anniversary!  :)

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Special Celebrations
Ink: Versamark
Paper:  Whisper White (thick and regular), Golden Honey specialty designer series paper
Other:  Stitched Be Mine dies, Parisian Flourish embossing folder, Heart Doilies, Gold embossing powder, Champagne rhinestones.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment