Monday, February 3, 2020

Sarah Thing Valentine's - Take 1

Most of you will not recognize this card kit - it's from a very old Paper Pumpkin kit called "A Sarah Thing", April 2017.  I never got around to making the cards as designed, but they certainly worked for some Valentine's. 

The main pieces for the cards are watercolor paper, with clear embossed shapes/patterns.  The kit also had 4 mini watercolor pencils included, and one was Melon Mambo.  So I scribbled the pencil all over the designs, and blended with my Aqua Painter.

For this first one, I also added "LOVE" from another older Paper Pumpkin set (Love You a Lot, April 2015), along with the"you" from the Sarah Thing kit.  Added some punched out mini hearts with Lovely Lipstick foil and Silver Glimmer paper.  Finished with some rhinestones.


The second one features a die-cut heart.  It's very similar to the heart shape in the current stamp set, Modern Heart.  In fact, the "You're all heart" greeting, and small faceted hearts come from the set also.  "Hey, Galentine!" is from a Taylored Expressions stamp set, called Mini Strips - Valentine's.  I embossed that on Melon Mambo card stock, with White embossing powder.  A small punched heart and some rhinestones finishes this off as well.


This goes to show you that I don't always get to finish my Paper Pumpkin kit every single month.  I don't worry about it AT ALL!  Sure, I probably have about 10 kits that are either still unopened, or partially complete.  I'm okay with it.  Sometimes, I want to save the cards unfinished, in case I will need it for a specific occasion later on.  That's what happened with this kit. 

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Modern Heart, Paper Pumpkin stamps (Love You a Lot - April 2015, and A Sarah Thing - April 2017), Valentine's Mini Strips (Taylored Expressions)
Ink: Versamark, Melon Mambo, Black
Paper:  Lovely Lipstick Foil, Melon Mambo, Silver Glimmer
Other:  Watercolor pencils, (2) different mini heart punches (retired), Mini Strips die (Taylored Expressions), White embossing powder, rhinestones.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment