Thursday, November 28, 2019

Thanksgiving Treats 2019


I try to make my family some kind of Thanksgiving favor every year.  I was down to the wire on getting these done!  Going out of town the weekend before Thanksgiving ate into my prep time for the holiday, but I enjoyed it so much! 

Anyway, the treat cups and bags were from either Walmart or Hobby Lobby.  The cups have pumpkins, gourds, and fall-y stuff on them, and the bags say "thankful" all over.  The bags are food-safe, and came with orange twisty ties.

The treat is candy corn and roasted peanuts.  FOR REAL!  It is delicious!  Tastes just like a Pay Day bar.  Half candy corn, and half roasted peanuts.  Eat it by the hand full.  :)

The TAG is the glorious bit that I am most happy with.   I got this lonely turkey stamp at one of the Stamp & Scrapbook Expos. He's cute enough, and was easy to color in.

Stamped him in Gina K's Chocolate Truffle Amalgam ink.  Amalgam inks can be used with alcohol markers OR water-based coloring things, so they really are a perfect choice for any coloring.  I colored Mr. Turkey in with various retired color Stampin' Up markers that I had.  After I colored him in, I punched it out with the 2 1/4" circle punch.  Then punch out a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock with a 2 1/2" circle punch.  Layer those together, and punch a hole in top.

The greeting came from a recent Paper Pumpkin Kit, and it fit perfectly inside the Classic Label punch.  I glued that right on top of the tag.

I tied the tag on with Linen Thread.  Finished!

I'm pretty sure they'll enjoy the treats - I made this same mix last year, and they all disappeared.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: turkey (Endless Creations), Gift of Fall (Paper Pumpkin August 2019)
Ink: Chocolate Truffle (Gina K), Old Olive
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Pumpkin Pie
Other:  2 1/4" and 2 1/2" circle punches, Classic Label punch, Linen Thread, 1/8" hole punch, various markers.
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment