Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving


I was playing with some more of my Unity Stamp Co sets, and was drawn to this set of trees.....NOT to make it a Christmas card, but to use FALL colors.

I really wanted to try out some pigment powders so I grabbed two different sets.  Card on the left uses Stampin' Up's Pigment Sprinkles, in Mango Melody and Daffodil Delight.  Card on the right uses Ken Oliver's ColorBursts/Earthtones, in Sepia, Burnt Orange, and Yellow Ochre.

You need a sturdy card base for this, because of all the water, and a really good waterproof ink.  I used Catherine Pooler's Midnight ink pad.  It's very dark black, and worked perfectly.  You do need to let it dry a little.

For both, I started off with Shimmery White card stock.  Spritzed it liberally with water, and then sprinkled on the powders.  More water spritzing, more powders, more water...until I was happy and then set it off to dry over night.

The card with the Stampin' Up Pigment Sprinkles turned out brigher, so I chose a card base in Pumpkin Pie.  I like the brightness from the Daffodil Delight and Mango Melody powders.


The card with the Ken Oliver Color Bursts turned out a little darker, and I do love it.  Seems more fall-ish to me.  I went with a Cajun Craze card base, and it coordinates with the Color Bursts powders quite well.  I also have some Ken Oliver's Liquid Metals that I have not opened...so I tried them.  I tried to splatter some Metallic Saffron all over this card, but my splatter-game is not strong yet.  I need more practice.  I can see it, and it's shimmery and splattery....but it could be better.


I hope this gives you an idea for using whatever color-pigment-powders you may have in your stash.  They are a lot of fun, and the effects are very organic.  You never know what you'll end up with!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Warm & Cozy, Change Can Be Beautiful (both Unity Stamp Co)
Ink: Midnight (Catherine Pooler), Versamark
Paper:  Shimmery White, Whisper White, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze
Other:  Pigment Sprinkles (Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight), Ken Oliver's Color Bursts/Earthtones (Sepia, Burnt Orange, Yellow Ochre), Ken Oliver's Liquid Metals (Metallic Saffron), Orange/Iridescent Orange bubbles (Queen & Co), Gilded embossing powder (Brutus Monroe).
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment