Thursday, November 14, 2019

Another birthday this week


Made this card for my friend, Virginia.  I had some random bits of paper left from the Come to Gather designer series pack.  I really love the wood photo-like background, but it wasn't long enough so I added another bit from the same pack, different print.

I stamped the wreath from Keeping Spirits Bright (Unity Stamp Co), in Early Espresso ink.   I colored in with a few Stampin' Blends markers (Old Olive, and Cherry Cobbler shades).  Remember the rule about inks and markers - which inks work with which markers?  The formula is very simply - just remember opposites:

  • Alcohol markers (i.e. Copics, Stampin' Blends) - use Water-based ink pads (i.e. Memento, Stampin' Up classic inks, any water-based ink pad)
  • Water-based markers/watercolor pencils - use Alcohol-based, permanent ink pads (i.e. Staz-On, amalgam inks, hybrid inks)
After I stamped and colored the wreath, I cut the wreath and a layer of Early Espresso with the Layering Circles dies.  I popped that up with some of the new Black Dimensionals...I LOVE these things!  They are great when you're working with dark colored papers, just because it doesn't show as much when you look at the card sideways.

I added some stamped greetings in Early Espresso, and the Change Can Be Beautiful set (again, from Unity Stamp Co.).   Finished off the card with a bow made out of some Antique Lace trim (retired), and some pearls that actually get kind of lost in the wreath..  :(

I hope she likes it!  Happy Birthday again Virginia!

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: Keeping Spirits Bright, Change Can Be Beautiful (both from Unity Stamp Co.)
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper:  Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Come to Gather designer series paper
Other:  Layering Circles dies, Stampin' Blends markers (Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler), Antique Lace trim, Pearls.
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment