Saturday, October 19, 2019

Pumpkin Patch frame


Umm...okay....I am digging this Pumpkin Patch background/frame stamp from Unity Stamp Company.  I have been coloring a lot more these days, which traditionally has NOT been my jam.  But now it is.  Proof that some things change.   When I started stamping 20 years ago, I didn't have the patience or the desire to color.  I wasn't good at it as a child - staying in the lines was not in my list of skills.

These days, I'm finding a lot more options for coloring - colored pencils with gamsol to blend them, alcohol markers which blend themselves, distress crayons, pigment powders (like Brushos and Color Bursts), and regular old markers!

These cards were the result of playing with some Zig Clean Color ink brushes that I bought at the Stamp & Scrapbook Expo this summer.  I took a class from Picket Fence on using them, and bought a few.  So...I only had a few colors to work with for these cards.  Of course, I went on-line and ordered a bunch more. 

I stamped the image on watercolor paper with a permanent black ink.  I used my stamp positioner and stamped several times, so it was nice and dark and got all in the nooks and crannies of the watercolor paper. 

Then I went to town with the Zig brush pens, and 1 yellow Stampin' Up marker (because I didn't have a good yellow in the Zigs).  The Aqua Painter is what makes all the coloring look like watercoloring.  It's very cool, and the colors blend nicely. 

I colored both of the panels pretty much the same.  Gold embossed the greeting and edges on both.  On this first one, I smeared the Versamark ink pad right down the edge of the panel, so it kind of stayed straigh-ish.

I wanted this card to be 5" x 7", so I mounted my pumpkin panel on some Early Espresso card stock, and then added this strip on the left side with some burlap stapled down.  Finished off with some sequins.   I feel like I went overboard with the sequins, but....I'm not re-doing it.  :)


On this second one, the finished card size is 4 3/4" x 6".  It worked out that way, because I wanted as much of the pumpkin panel as possible. 

This time for the edges, I brushed the Versamark down all the edges, as if I was sponging on color directly with the pad.  It's not as even, and I really like it!  I used some Cajun Craze Baker's Twine, and Linen thread around this one, and finished with just a few gold enamel dots.


These pumpkins make me happy, and I hope the folks that I send them too love them.

Supplies you'll need to create these (Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted.  Items may be retired.):

Stamps: All from Unity Stamp Company - Pumpkin Patch, Warm & Cozy, Change Can Be Beautiful
Ink: Midnight (Catherine Pooler), Versamark
Paper:  Watercolor paper, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Tangerine Tango
Other:  Zig Clean Color brushes, Pineapple Punch Stampin' marker, Cajun Craze Baker's Twine (from the Come Together Ribbon pack), Linen Thread, Gold Enamel Shapes, fall colored sequins, Gilded Gold embossing powder (Brutus Monroe - it's got sparkles in it!).
 
Thanks for visiting, and Happy stamping!

Toni

Shop here
 for your Stampin' Up products, 24/7.  Thank you for your support!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment